• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mooseman1007

Mooseman1007

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

Im lucky enough to be about to depart on a trip out to Bunaken and Lembeh in a couple of weeks, and was thinking about maximising my pics by throwing some videos into the mix. I was hoping someone could advise as to the best settings for the camera (focussing, metering, white balance, shutter speed etc). I have a sheet of Lee "Bastard Pink" filter which I can cut to size over the lens if needs be.
My rig is an Olympus EPL-2 in Olympus housing. I have the 9-18 wide angle and Zen dome, plus the 14-42 kit lens (behind dome or stock flat port), and have 2 Inon wet diopters that I can bolt on for macro. I use a YS-01 strobe and have one of the little fantasea nano focus lights (or I can attach a Lenser Frogman torch with diffuser if I want some macro video light !)

My fiance was the lucky recipient of a Sola 800 and tray/handle for her Panasonic TZ10 and will be using that mainly for videos, so any suggestions for best settings on that rig would also be appreciated
Cheers
Mooseman

#2 Mooseman1007

Mooseman1007

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

bump !

#3 leepix

leepix

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Ships, boats and diving

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

bump !

I went to the Drafahl's website and they had much to say about E-PL2. In addition, they are suggesting using high power LED lights like the Sola.
Look up that and you may be switching from strobe??

They suggested:
"We use to exposure settings. Program mode we use ISO 400. In manual mode, we use ISO 400 and 1/250 sec at f/8 or f/11 for wide angle and adjust the shutter speed to get the best background exposure. When shooting macro, we also start at 1/250 sec, but bump up the f/stop a little to f/16 The key is not to be afraid of using ISO 400. It has almost no noise and can be easily editing in Lightroom or Elements."

I will be trying those in a couple of weeks