Think Tank Photo has announced a new lightweight roller bag. The Airport Advantage XT weighs in at 7.5 lbs. (3.4kg), fits in most international and regional overhead lockers and can accommodate two Gripped SLRs with lenses attached, plus 5–8 additional lenses and a 17” laptop. It remains to see whether a housing will fit!
The Airport Advantage XT is shipping now, priced at $299.75.
The Airport Advantage XT Rolling Camera Case Offers Maximum Carry Capacity At Minimum Weight
SANTA ROSA, CALIFORNIA – Weighing only 7.5 lbs. (3.4kg), the Airport Advantage XT rolling camera case from Think Tank Photo meets increasingly restrictive International airline requirements, yet still provides the ample quality and protection you’ve come to expect from Think Tank. The Airport Advantage XT fits two gripped DSLR camera bodies and several lenses, enabling traveling photographers to carry the maximum amount of gear on the plane.
The Airport Advantage XT is available in Black and a proprietary two-tone “Graphite” fabric — giving the case a stylish look that doesn’t proclaim that it’s a bag full of expensive camera gear.
“The weight of rolling camera cases is always a challenge when flying internationally,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank CEO and Lead Designer. “The Airport Advantage XT delivers the carry capacity and protection you’ve come to depend on from Think Tank, but now at a fraction of the weight`.”
- Specially designed interior to maximize gear for carry-on.
- Meets most U.S. and International airline carry-on requirements
- Ultra-lightweight design weighs only 7.5 lbs. (3.4 kg), keeping your bag under weight restrictions
- Front pocket fits up to a 17” laptop and 10” tablet
- Custom designed retractable handle with inset channel on aluminum tubing adds strength and durability
- Side pocket for tripod mount (additional straps included for larger tripods)
- Extra tall handle height keeps the bag away from your feet when rolling
- YKK® RC Fuse zippers, and closed-cell PU foam are the highest quality materials in the industry
- Fits up to two gripped camera bodies with lenses attached
- Lockable zipper sliders (lock not included)
- Interior zippered pockets for batteries, CF cards, filters and accessories
- User replaceable retractable handle, wheels, wheel housings, and front foot
- Custom-designed, high-performance, 80mm super quiet wheels with sealed bearings
- Seam-sealed rain cover included
- Grab handles on three sides for lifting bag into the overhead bin
- Closed-cell foam dividers support heavy gear and maintain strength over time
- Hypalon reinforced rear corners increase durability
- Business card holder on top for identification
- Ex. 1: Two Gripped DSLRs with lenses attached, plus 5–8 additional lenses
- Ex. 2: Mirrorless video kit with lenses, batteries, DJI Ronin-S and DJI Mavic Pro
- Up to a 17” laptop
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water repellent (DWR) coating, plus underside of fabric has a polyurethane coating. The bag is constructed with 500D 2-tone poly tech-weave, YKK® RC Fuse (abrasion resistant) zippers, high performance 80mm super quiet wheels with sealed bearings, rubberized laminate reinforcement, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 210D nylon, polyurethane backed high-density liner and dividers, Super-Grip nylex, Hexa mesh, 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed rain cover, stiffened closed-cell foam and reinforced dividers, mesh pockets, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- Interior Dimensions: 13.3” W x 18” H x 6.5–7.5” D (33.8 x 45.7 x 16.5–19.1 cm)
- Exterior Dimensions: 14” W x 21” H x 8” D (35.6 x 53.3 x 20.3 cm)
- Laptop Compartment: 13.8” x 17.3” x 2” (35 x 44 x 5 cm)
- Tablet Compartment: 10” x 10” x 1.6” (25.4 x 25.4 x 4 cm)
- Weight: 7.5 lbs. (3.4 kg)
ABOUT THINK TANK PHOTO
Headquartered in Santa Rosa, California, Think Tank Photo is a group of designers and professional photographers focused on studying how photographers work and developing inventive new carrying solutions that meet their needs. They are dedicated to using only the highest quality materials and design principles, and employing materials that are environmentally benign.