Wetpixel Live: Strobes vs Lights for Off-Camera
Wetpixel Live: Heart Attack Advice for Underwater Image Makers
Please forgive the somewhat irreverent title! Recently, while preparing for a dive, Wetpixel Live presenter Adam Hanlon had a heart attack, and he and Alex discuss the events surrounding it and his prognosis going forward. As a spoiler, expect to see Adam at a dive site near you sometime soon and in the interim, normal service is gradually resuming.
Nauticam Announces WACP-C
Sigma Releases 20mm Lens for Sony E-Mount
Nauticam Announces NA-R7 Housing
AOI Announces Housing for OM-1
Sea&Sea Announces Housing for Sony Alpha Series
Sea&Sea has announced a universal housing for Sony Alpha series cameras. The MDX-au is currently compatible with the a7 Mark IV, a7R Mark IV, a7S Mark III, a9 Mark II, and a1, although there are modifications and limitations with some models (see below). The housing utilizes Sea&Sea’s MDX ports, and ships with a vacuum system, and there are a number of electronic and optical strobe triggering options available.
Guadalupe Biosphere Closed for 2022 Season
Horizon Charters has announced that the 2021 closure of the Guadalupe Island Biosphere will be extended through the 2022 season. This will affect any planned shark diving charters. The company has appealed against the closure, but this was overruled by a federal judge. They also stress that other charter companies are also separately appealing the decision, but suspect that given their unsuccessful appeal, this will be the precedent applied to all similar appeals.
- Nikon D7500 firmware update version 1.11 released (via )
- Topaz releases DeNoise AI to v3.7 (via )
- Black Magic updates DaVinci Resolve to 18 beta 5 (via )
- Capture One announces version 15.3.0 (via )
- DxO updates Nik Collection to version 5 (via )
- Nikon offers firmware updates for D5 and D6 cameras (via )
- Sony releases firmware version 1.3 for the a1 (via )
- Blackmagic Design has released DaVinci Resolve 17.4.6 (via )
- Atomos updates AtomOS firmware to 10.74 for the NINJA V/V+ (via )
- Canon releases firmware v. 220.127.116.11 foer EOS C70 (via )