Results: UPY 2020
The Underwater Photographer of the Year (UPY) contest announced the winners of its 2020 contest at the Go Diving Show in Coventry, UK. Hearty congratulations to all those among the placings, and to Greg Lecoeur for his image featuring crabeater seals swimming around an iceberg that was the overall winner.
Sony announces full frame 20mm wide angle lens
Inon releases new products and compatibility information
EUDI Show postponed until November
Ikelite announces housing for Nikon D780
UW Technics Sony firmware supports Retra Pro Flash TTL
UW Technics has announced updated firmware for their Nauticam mounted Sony TTL converters, that supports the Retra Pro flash. It can be controlled via either the camera’s menu, or the flash’s controls. It also supports Retra’s high-speed sync option.
ADEX announces Pixel Expo
ADEX has announced their Pixel Expo. This is a digital 12 meter by 2.5 meters LED outdoor presentation that will showcase underwater and diving content. The show organizers are currently soliciting still and video submissions from mage makers and ocean citizens (along with commercial entities) for the exhibit. The deadline is 1 April 2020.
ADEX announces new dates
ADEX has announced its new date for the 2020 event in Singapore. Originally scheduled to be held from 17-19 April, the organizers took the brave decision to postpone due to the Covid-19 outbreak. It is great to be able to report that ADEX 2020 will now be held from 29 to 31 May at the Suntec venue in Singapore.
- EOS C500 Mark II firmware updated to 18.104.22.168.00 (via )
- Panasonic updates GH5S and G9 firmware (via )
- Nikon adds D6 support to its image processing and camera control… (via )
- Nikon updates Z6, Z7 and Z50 firmwares (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom cloud ecosystem (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom Classic to 9.2 (via )
- Blackmagic Design updates DaVinci Resolve to 16.1.2 (via )
- RED adds 6K support via DSMC2 Firmware v7.3.0 (via )
- Apple updates Compressor to 4.4.6 and Motion to 5.4.5 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to 10.4.8 (via )