Call for entries: UM Rosentiel Underwater Photography Contest
The University of Miami (UM) Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science is calling for entries to its 2020 underwater photography contest. Categories include Fish or Marine Animal Portrait, Macro, Wide Angle, UM Student, Marine Conservation and Best overall.
Announcing Blackwater Creatures by Linda Ianniello and Susan Mears
Linda Ianniello and Susan Mears have published a stunning guide to many of the creatures encountered during a blackwater dive in Southeast Florida. Lavishly illustrated with over 220 images, the book divides the creatures into groups with description and identifications
Results: UPY 2020
The Underwater Photographer of the Year (UPY) contest announced the winners of its 2020 contest at the Go Diving Show in Coventry, UK. Hearty congratulations to all those among the placings, and to Greg Lecoeur for his image featuring crabeater seals swimming around an iceberg that was the overall winner.
Sony announces full frame 20mm wide angle lens
Inon releases new products and compatibility information
EUDI Show postponed until November
Ikelite announces housing for Nikon D780
UW Technics Sony firmware supports Retra Pro Flash TTL
UW Technics has announced updated firmware for their Nauticam mounted Sony TTL converters, that supports the Retra Pro flash. It can be controlled via either the camera’s menu, or the flash’s controls. It also supports Retra’s high-speed sync option.
- Affinity updates to versions 1.8 (via )
- Nik Collection updates to version 2.5 (via )
- EOS C500 Mark II firmware updated to 18.104.22.168.00 (via )
- Panasonic updates GH5S and G9 firmware (via )
- Nikon adds D6 support to its image processing and camera control… (via )
- Nikon updates Z6, Z7 and Z50 firmwares (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom cloud ecosystem (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom Classic to 9.2 (via )
- Blackmagic Design updates DaVinci Resolve to 16.1.2 (via )
- RED adds 6K support via DSMC2 Firmware v7.3.0 (via )