Video: Device Comparison by Matthias Lebo
Paper Catalogs Effects of Ocean Warming on Tiger Sharks
A new open-access paper has shown that tiger sharks’ (Galeocerdo cuvier) migratory patterns are being affected by rising ocean temperatures. The study was carried out by the University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science and uses a variety of satellite tracking and tag recapture techniques to show that the animals have shifted their migration 250 miles (400 km) polewards.
Call for Entries: European Wildlife Photographer of the Year
Wetpixel Community: Tonga Eruption and Aftermath
Many members of the Wetpixel community have traveled to Tonga and we have friends and colleagues that have been impacted by the eruption of Hunga Tonga–Hunga Haʻapai, We fervently hope that you are in a place of safety and that the damage to homes and businesses is limited. Our thoughts are with you.
CineBags Announces Square Grouper XL 3.0
Wetpixel Live: Lens and Port Choices for Cenote Photography
In response to an inquiry by one of the participants in the 2022 Wetpixel/Under the Jungle Cenote Photography Workshop, Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon discusses wide-angle lens and port choices and how these can be affected by attempting to create imagery in very low light. He chats about technique, port size, lens types, and overviews water contact optics.
Wetpixel Live: Happy New Year 2022
Issue 124 of Underwater Photography Magazine Available
The Jan/Feb issue of Underwater Photography magazine is now available to download. Issue 124 includes reviews of the Kraken Hydra 8000WRGBU and ONEUW ONE160X, the results of the DPG/Wetpixel Masters and the Anilao Shootout, and an interview with David Fleetham. Locations include Florida and Shetland, while Dr. Richard Smith discusses underwater photography and marine biology.
- Panasonic updates G9 and GH5s firmware (via )
- Nikon updates Z9 firmware to Version 1.10 (via )
- Nikon updates Z6II and Z7II firmware to 1.30 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to 10.6 (via )
- Nik Collection version 4.2 is available (via )
- Nikon updates D6 firmware to version 1.32 (via )
- Canon updates EOS R5 Firmware to v1.4.0 (via )
- Nikon releases firmware updates for Z6 II, Z7 II and Z50 cameras (via )
- Canon updates EOS 1D-X III to 1.5.0 (via )
- Sony Firmware update for Alpha 1 (via )