Ocean Art 2020: Results
The results of the 2020 Ocean Art Underwater Photo Contest have been announced. Hearty congratulations to Gaetano Dario Gargiulo for his winning CFWA image of an octopus with its tentacles on the dome and to all the other photographers and members of the Wetpixel community among the placings.
Ikelite Ships Housing for EOS R6
Call for Entries: 2021 Underwater Tour Awards
Entries are now being accepted for the 2021 Underwater Tour Awards. It offers five photo categories under the “Guru Awards,” with the Grand Guru prize for the most awarded photographer, and a People’s Choice prize. In addition, it is offering the “Max Benjamin Award,” and the “Local Eco-Hero Award.”
Wetpixel Live: New Camera Features for UW Photographers
NiSi announces 15mm wide angle lens for full frame mirrorless
NiSi has announced a 15mm f/4 full frame wide angle lens that is offered in Sony E, Nikon Z, Canon RF and (shortly) Fuji X mounts. It offers 112° coverage, is sharp from “center to corners” and has a minimum focus distance of 0.2 meters (7.9”). It is a manual focus lens and has not been tested behind a dome port yet.
Wetpixel Live: Mini Dome Port Primer
Wetpixel Live: Magnifying Viewfinders
Adam Hanlon and Alex Mustard chat about what may be one of the most effective upgrades for an underwater photography system: Magnifying viewfinders. They discuss how they are used and what they do, along with the ongoing debate about the pros and cons of 45° versus straight versions.
Wetpixel Live: UW Photo Contest Judging
- Olympus updates OM-D M-M5 III firmware to 1.4 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to 10.5.1 (via )
- Nikon updates D5, D850 and D500 firmware (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for G9 and G100 (via )
- Canon updates firmware for EOS R6, R, Ra, Rp and 1D X Mark III (via )
- Olympus updates OM-D E-M1X firmware to version 2.0 (via )
- Apple updates video apps including Final Cut Pro (via )
- Nikon updates Z6 II firmware to 1.01 (via )
- Canon updates 1D X Mark III firmware to 1.2.1 (via )
- Retra Flash PRO/Prime firmware is updated to version 2.5 (via )