Call for entries: Underwater Competition Series 2019
Seacam announces Seaflash 160 Strobe
Seacam has formally announced the new Seaflash 160 Digital strobe. Featuring both electrical and fiber optic triggering, the strobe has an output of 160 Ws with a color temperature of 4500°K. Powered via a NiMh battery pack, it also offers high-speed sync, an OLED that rotates for a correct viewing angle, and a 250 lumen spotting light.
Video: Weeki Wachee and Deeping Stream by Andy Pitkin
Andy Pitkin and the team from Karst Underwater Research are exploring Florida’s underground aquifers. While carrying out cutting edge exploration dives, the team has been capturing amazing videos of the hauntingly beautiful cave systems. Wetpixel is proud to showcase a short film documenting their exploration of a section of the Weeki Wachee system.
Jean-Michel Cousteau softens opposition to Caymans cruise port development
Jean-Michel Cousteau, son of the famous underwater explorer and filmmaker Jacques Yves Cousteau, has performed an apparent volte-face and significantly toned down his previously strenuous opposition to a contentious plan to expand Grand Caymans’ George Town Harbor. It is also reported the Cousteau has accepted a role with one of the companies that are funding the planned development.
Adobe releases significant updates to iOS and iPadOS Lightroom apps
Carbonarm housing for GoPro HERO 8
Sea&Sea announces MDX housing for Sony a7rIV
Achtel Limited announces housing for Sigma fp Cinema camera
Achtel Limited has announced their housing for the Sigma fp Digital Cinema Camera. Similar in size and weight to the original Nikonos V camera, the housing has a titanium lens mount that allows the use of Nikonos water contact designed manual focus lenses. It allows for internal and external recording to SSD and has a vacuum valve as standard.
- Apple updates Compressor to 4.4.6 and Motion to 5.4.5 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to 10.4.8 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.4.7, Motion to 5.4.4 and… (via )
- Sony updates a9 firmware to v.6 (via )
- Panasonic updates S1/S1R firmware to version 1.1 (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for LUMIX GH5, GH5S, G9, G90/G91/G95,… (via )
- Olympus updates firmware for the E-M1X, adding features from the… (via )
- Skylum updates Luminar to version 3.1.1 (via )
- Blackmagic Design releases Resolve 16 Beta 3 (via )
- Sony updates firmware for: a9, a7R III, a7 III, a7R II, a7S II,… (via )