Wetpixel Live: Wide Angle Macro Tools
Alex](http://www.amustard.com) and Adam discuss the gear needed for what may well be the next trend in underwater photography: Close Focus Wide Angle. They chat about the competing requirements of having a system that provides optically acceptable results, can focus very close, but is small enough to allow strobes to be positioned to light subjects very close to the port.
Anglerfish Announces 100Wh External Battery Pack
Anglerfish Announces 1000 meter GoPro Housing
Compatibility Report: Fuji X-T3 by Tino Brandt
Wetpixel Live: Travel Advice for Underwater Image Makers
Wetpixel Live: Getting Close to Subjects
One of the golden rules of underwater photography is to get close to subjects, but many subjects are wary of humans and can be difficult to approach. Alex and Adam provide some practical ideas about how to lull skittish animals into a sense of security that allows us to then capture images of them.
Panasonic Announces the GH5 Mark 2
Panasonic has announced details of the Lumix GH5 Mark 2. It offers The LUMIX GH5M2 achieves C4K/4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit unlimited video recording and can simultaneously output 4K 4:2:2 10-bit over HDMI. Panasonic also lists improved autofocus, image stabilization, LCD screen, and battery life. Panasonic also announced the development of the GH6.
Underwater Technics Ships TTL Converter for EOS R5
Underwater Technics has released their TTL converter for the Canon EOS-R5 in Nauticam housings. It features both optical and electronic strobe triggering and is compatible with HSS (with appropriate strobes). In addition, it can be switched to manual mode, offers camera menu access to flash functions, and can be user installed.
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to 10.5.1 (via )
- Nikon updates D5, D850 and D500 firmware (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for G9 and G100 (via )
- Canon updates firmware for EOS R6, R, Ra, Rp and 1D X Mark III (via )
- Olympus updates OM-D E-M1X firmware to version 2.0 (via )
- Apple updates video apps including Final Cut Pro (via )
- Nikon updates Z6 II firmware to 1.01 (via )
- Canon updates 1D X Mark III firmware to 1.2.1 (via )
- Retra Flash PRO/Prime firmware is updated to version 2.5 (via )
- Nikon updates Z5 firmware to 1.02 (via )