Nirvana Baby Sues over Image Use
The BBC reports that the “Nirvana Baby” is suing the band claiming that his parents never signed a release to allow for his image to be used and that its use constitutes child pornography. The image, used on the album Nevermind, shows a naked baby apparently reaching for a dollar bill while underwater in a swimming pool. The dollar was actually added in post. Spencer Elden, now 30, has recreated the iconic album cover three times, including on its 20 year anniversary, but is now suing 15 defendants for sums of at least $150,000 each.
Definitive Whale Shark Book Published
Wetpixel member and megafauna scientist, Simon Pierce, has let us known that a new book Whale Sharks: Biology, Ecology, and Conservation will shortly be available. It represents an amazing compendium of almost all the current scientific information about whale sharks (Rhincodon typus). Required reading for those visiting Isla Mujeres!
Part 2: Rebreathers for Image Making by Nicolas Remy
Nicolas Remy presents the second of his articles about the use of rebreathers for underwater image-making. The first article listed the advantages while this one concentrates on some of the hazards., logistical challenges, and problems that are associated with them, and encourages those considering using rebreathers to seek guidance and training from experts.
Megadap Ships Autofocus Z mount Adaptor
UK Government Announces Shark Fin Ban
Our friends at SeaSave have highlighted some excellent new protections for sharks that are currently going through the British legislative process. The government plans to introduce laws that will render the import or export of any detached fins illegal. The ban will extend to canned products and other shark products.
Tickets Available: Diving Talks Congress 2021
Nauticam Ships Housings for SmallHD 503 Monitors
Nauticam has announced two new housings for SmallHD 503 UltraBright monitors. The NA-503 monitor is available in either HDMI (NA-503-H)or 3G-SDI (NA-503S) input versions. Both take two Sony NP-F750 batteries, via the SmallHD L series backing plate. It has 2 ports, one M16 and one M28. The latter allows for HDMI or SDI throughput with an appropriate bulkhead.
Canon Announces XF605 4K Camcorder
- Canon releases firmware Version 1.3.1 for EOS R5 (via )
- Canon updates firmware for EOS R5, R6 and 1D X Mark III (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom Classic and Lightroom to 10.2 and 4.2… (via )
- Firmware version 10.62 adds ProRes RAW support to Atomos Ninja V (via )
- Sony updates a7S III firmware to 2.00 and adds S-Cinetone (via )
- Nikon releases firmware 1.10 for Z6 II and Z7 II cameras (via )
- Nikon to release firmware version 1.10 for Z 7II and Z 6II… (via )
- Olympus updates OM-D M-M5 III firmware to 1.4 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to 10.5.1 (via )
- Nikon updates D5, D850 and D500 firmware (via )