March/April Edition of UwP Magazine Available
Issue 131 of Underwater Photography (UwP) magazine is available to download. It has articles about the UPY 2023 and Wetpixel/DPG Masters winners and reviews of the Marelux SOFT Pro snoot by Kate Jonker and Sony strobe triggers. Great White sharks and Hanifaru e are featured, along with Baja and Sulawesi.
Reef ID Books Releases Guide to Marine Worms
SDUFEX is Calling for Entries
The San Diego Undersea Film Exhibition (SDUFEX) is calling for entries to the festival, which will be held on 6 and 7 October 2023 at the San Diego Qualcomm Auditorium. Full details of rules and procedures are available from the contest’s website, and the submission deadline is 15 June.
Wetpixel Live: Old Lenses for New Cameras
The transition of full frame mirrorless cameras from SLR has reduced the number of lens options available to photographers, and given the tiny number of those using them underwater, there are some gaps in appropriate lenses for using with them. Alex and Adam discuss some of the older lenses, including Nikonos, and how some of these may work with the new cameras, while others currently will not.
Result: UPY 2023
The results of the 2023 Underwater Photographer of the Year contest have been announced. The winning image is a split shot of an Amazonian River dolphin (Inia geoffrensis) or bota, by Kate Zhou, which was also awarded as the best image from an up-and-coming photographer. Congratulations to her and to everyone that was placed among the winners.
Review: Marelux SOFT Pro Snoot By Kate Jonker
OM Systems Announces 90mm Macro lens
Canon Announces EOS R8 and R50
Canon has announced the EOS R8 full frame and EOS R50 APS-C mirrorless cameras. The R50 has a 24.2MP with uncrossed 4K video capture and Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus. The R8 also has a 24.2MP sensor combined with the DIGIC X processor. It can record 4K video at up to 60p oversampled from the camera sensor’s 6K data.
- Nikon D7500 firmware update version 1.11 released (via )
- Topaz releases DeNoise AI to v3.7 (via )
- Black Magic updates DaVinci Resolve to 18 beta 5 (via )
- Capture One announces version 15.3.0 (via )
- DxO updates Nik Collection to version 5 (via )
- Nikon offers firmware updates for D5 and D6 cameras (via )
- Sony releases firmware version 1.3 for the a1 (via )
- Blackmagic Design has released DaVinci Resolve 17.4.6 (via )
- Atomos updates AtomOS firmware to 10.74 for the NINJA V/V+ (via )
- Canon releases firmware v. 126.96.36.199 foer EOS C70 (via )