DeeperBlue hosts weekly podcast
Firmware update adds significant functionality to Sigma fp
Sigma has released a significant firmware update for their fp camera. Version 2.0 adds 12-bit 4K ProRes RAW video recording to an Atomos Ninja V external recorder, 1080/120p RAW video in 8-bit and 10-bit CinemaDNG and support for Dual Base ISO, which can now be set to either 100 or 3200 along with other upgrades and bug fixes.
Tokina announces atx-i 11-20mm f/2.8 wide angle lens
Tokina are shipping their atx-1 11-20mm f/2.8 CF lens for cropped sensor cameras. Offering a constant aperture of f/2.8 and internal focusing, and a minimum focus distance of 0.28 m (11-inches). It is available in Nikon F mount and Canon EF mount. Of course, its performance behind a dome port is not yet known.
Olympus to exit camera business
Photographing the Mergui Archipelago by Franck and Camille Fogarolo
Franck and Camille Fogarolo of The Smiling Seahorse liveaboard have compiled a guide to planning an underwater photography trip to the Mergui Archipelago, Myanmar. Profusely illustrated with Franck’s images, they describe the wide angle and macro photographic opportunities that exist in the area.
Meyer Optik Görlitz ships Trioplan f/2.8 100mm II
Review: Aquatica Pro A7rIV housing by Phil Rudin
Phil Rudin, the senior reviewer for our friends at Underwater Photography Magazine, presents a review of the Aquatica Pro A7rIV housing, along with its associated ports and accessories. Phil was able to use the Sony 12-24mm F/4 zoom, Rokinon 14mm F/2.8, and Sony FE 90mm F/2.8 macro lenses in Florida’s springs and the macro destination at Blue Heron Bridge.
Review: Retra Supercharger
Retra kindly supplied Wetpixel with a prototype of their new Supercharger battery compartment that can be attached to their Prime and Pro Flashes to increase their recycling speeds and longevity. We have been hard at work testing it and present the results as a short review.
- Skylum releases Luminar 4.2 (via )
- ON1 has released version 2020.1 of their Photo RAW app (via )
- DxO releases version 3.2 of PhotoLab (via )
- Affinity updates to versions 1.8 (via )
- Nik Collection updates to version 2.5 (via )
- EOS C500 Mark II firmware updated to 188.8.131.52.00 (via )
- Panasonic updates GH5S and G9 firmware (via )
- Nikon adds D6 support to its image processing and camera control… (via )
- Nikon updates Z6, Z7 and Z50 firmwares (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom cloud ecosystem (via )