Strobe Review: Scubalamp D-Max and Retra Pro Flash
The past few years have seen the release of a number of exciting new strobes from many manufacturers. Unfortunately, their release has coincided with a global lockdown, limiting many of our opportunities to try them out in the field. Fortunately, Hannes Klostermann and Giacomo Rossi are located in Baja California Sur and have been able to offer an amazing detailed comparative review of two of the new strobes on the market: The Retra Pro and the Scubalamp D-Max.
Wetpixel Live: Alex’s Housing Repairs and Modifications
Owing to an enforced lack of use, Alex has recently sent his housing away for service and modifications. In this episode, he discusses what work has been carried out during the service and how Kevin from Aquaphot has fixed and improved his ad hoc modifications. The episode highlights how your local dealer can help keep your housing performing at its best and limit downtime due to equipment-related issues.
Earth Day 2021: Help Ensure Continued Protection of Florida Goliath Groupers
Today is Earth Day, a day of events, discussions, and protests that support environmentally responsible practices and the battle to protect the planet’s environment. Underwater image-makers are enthusiastic supporters of environmental causes, and on this day, it is perhaps apt that we are asking the Wetpixel community to stand up again, and fight for continued protection for Florida’s Goliath groupers.
Wetpixel Live: Simple Underwater Image Making
DeeperBlue Podcast Awarded a Webby
Sony Announces 14mm Ultra Wide Angle Lens
Wetpixel Live: Scratched Dome Port Advice
With the best will in the world, accidents do happen and, even though they are resistant to it, glass dome ports can be scratched in the field. Alex and Adam discuss some simple preventative procedures to help prevent this, and then provide some concrete guidance as to what to do should it occur.
2021 Underwater Photo Marathon is Open for Entries
- Olympus updates OM-D M-M5 III firmware to 1.4 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to 10.5.1 (via )
- Nikon updates D5, D850 and D500 firmware (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for G9 and G100 (via )
- Canon updates firmware for EOS R6, R, Ra, Rp and 1D X Mark III (via )
- Olympus updates OM-D E-M1X firmware to version 2.0 (via )
- Apple updates video apps including Final Cut Pro (via )
- Nikon updates Z6 II firmware to 1.01 (via )
- Canon updates 1D X Mark III firmware to 1.2.1 (via )
- Retra Flash PRO/Prime firmware is updated to version 2.5 (via )