Wetpixel Live: Shooting in Limited Visibility
With many of us not being able to travel, we are turning to creating underwater imagery in our home locations. For those of us that live in temperate climes, this often involves shooting in somewhat limited visibility. In Wetpixel Live today, Adam and Alex chat through some thoughts and ideas about creating memorable images in less than ideal water conditions.
Call for Entries: Ocean Art 2020
The 2020 Ocean Art Competition, organized by the retailer, Blue Water Photo, is now accepting entries. It is offering 12 categories: Wide-Angle, Macro, Marine Life Behavior, Portrait, Cold Water, Nudibranchs, Blackwater, Underwater Conservation, Compact Wide-Angle, Compact Macro, Compact Behavior, and Underwater Art. The deadline for entries is 30 November.
Florida Bans Sales of Shark Fins
The Governor of Florida has signed into law Bill SB 860 aka the Kristin Jacobs Ocean Conservation Act, which makes it illegal to import, export and sell most shark fins in Florida from October 1. There is a loophole however that allows existing holders of shark fishing permits and seafood dealers that h0ld a “valid federal Atlantic shark dealer permit” to continue to engage in the import and export of fin through into January 2025.
Wetpixel Live: Vacuum Housing Systems
Wetpixel Live: Shooting Split Shots
Wetpixel Live: Housing Flood Essentials
Wetpixel Live: RIP Jerry Greenberg
Wetpixel Live strikes a more somber note today as Adam and Alex celebrate the photographic career of Jerry Greenberg, who passed away earlier this month in Florida. He had a career shooting underwater images for all the major magazines that spanned technologies from 2 1/4” film through to digital, and invented many of the techniques that we all now take for granted. Our thoughts go out to his family and friends.
Wetpixel Live: EMWL Unboxing
- Caonon updates EOS C500 Mark II firmware to 220.127.116.11 (via )
- Canon updates EOS R firmware to version 1.70 (via )
- Blackmagic updates DaVinci Resolve to 16.3 and RAW 2.00 Beta 2 (via )
- Atomos updates Ninja-V to AtomosOS V10.52 (via )
- Panasonic updates S1H firmware to version 2.1 (via )
- Atomos updates Ninja V firmware to 10.51 (via )
- Canon updates EOS RP to v1.5.0 and Canon EOS R to v1.7.0 (via )
- Nikon updates Z6 and Z7 firmware to 3.0 (via )
- BlackMagic Design releases DaVinci Resolve version 16.2.4 (via )
- Blackmagic Design updates DaVinci Resolve to 16.2.3 (via )