Wetpixel Live: Underwater Photography at Night
Night diving offers an opportunity for different subjects and creative techniques for photographers. In this episode of Wetpixel Live, Alex Mustard and Adam Hanlon provide some practical advice about setting up the gear and honing techniques to maximize the potential for striking shots.
Wetpixel Live: Workflow for Underwater Photographers-Part 2
We discussed Alex Mustard’s workflow in an episode of Wetpixel Live and in this episode, the spotlight gets turned on Adam Hanlon, who explains the steps of his imaging workflow. He discusses with Alex how he wrangles his images in the field, and how he manages them once he returns home.
WDHOF Announces Class of 2021
The Women Divers Hall of Fame will add 6 new members in 2021. Huge congratulations to Patricia Beddows, Denise Herzing, Christy Pattengill-Semmens, Dení Ramírez Macías and Allison Vitsky Sallmon. The Wetpixel community will likely recognize Allison’s name. She is an accomplished photographer, author, long-time Wetpixel member and founder of Dive into the Pink, which, among other activities, hosts the annual Into the Pink contest.
Wetpixel Live: Zoom Features in Lightroom 10
Inon releases Viewfinders for Nauticam Housings
Wetpixel Live: Lightroom 10 Overview
In today’s Wetpixel Live Adam Hanlon provides a brief overview of the new features in Lightroom version 10 released today. The key new functionality is the addition of the “Color Grading” pane within the Develop module, which adds cinema-style color wheels for adjusting the hue, saturation, and luminance.
WPY 2021 Opens for Entries
The 2021 Wildlife Photographer of the Year (WPY) contest is open for entries. The competition has an Underwater category, and, new for 2021 are categories entitled Natural Artistry, Wetlands - The Bigger Picture and Oceans - The Bigger Picture. The later two are designed to attract images that highlight the issues facing these environments. The deadline for entries is 10 December 2020, and the contest’s rules are here.
Wetpixel Live: Lens Attachment Primer
- Canon releases RAW Plugin 2.0 for Final Cut Pro X 10.4.9 (via )
- Nikon Z50 firmware updated to v.2.01 (via )
- EOS-1D X Mark III firmware updated to version 1.2.0 (via )
- Canon updates EOS R5 firmware to v.1.1 (via )
- Premiere Pro v. 14.3.2 is available (via )
- Adobe updates Photoshop to v. 21.2.2 and Camera Raw to 12.4 (via )
- Adobe updates all versions of Lightroom (via )
- Olympus updates firmware for E-M1X, E-M1 Mark III, E-M1 Mark II,… (via )
- Caonon updates EOS C500 Mark II firmware to 126.96.36.199 (via )
- Canon updates EOS R firmware to version 1.70 (via )