Wetpixel Live: Pimping your Strobe
Inon Ships Split Easy
Wetpixel Live: Super Resolution for Underwater Photographers
Adobe recently released their new Super Resolution function within Photoshop. Based on machine learning this allows for significant and very accurate upscaling of images. Alex and Adam discuss how this may affect underwater photographers’ choices of camera and allow for whole new criteria when assessing camera performance.
AOI Announces Wet Lens for Action Cameras and Camera Phones
AOI Announces Compact Strobe
AOI has announced their new Ultra Compact Strobe. Deliberately designed as a simple compact tool, the strobe only offers manual output control, has a three-stage continuous light, and offers a modeling light that fires a burst of flashes that can help users aim and gauge the effect of the strobe’s light on the frame.
Wetpixel Live: Underwater Photography for Topside Shooters
Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon and renowned underwater photographer Alex Mustard offer some guidance for topside photographers that may be wishing to take their photographic skills “below the surface.” Some of the differences in equipment selection and the techniques used are obvious, but some are more subtle and profoundly impact the quality of imagery produced.
Wetpixel Live: Photoshop for Underwater Photographers
Wetpixel Live: Nauticam UW Optics Explained
Some of the most discussed topics on the Wetpixel Forums are about Nauticam’s range of water contact optics. To get some answers to some of these queries, Adam chats to Nauticam’s owner, founder, and lens designer, Edward Lai. He provides a perspective on what the lenses are designed to do and some insight in to how to get the best from them.
- Firmware version 10.62 adds ProRes RAW support to Atomos Ninja V (via )
- Sony updates a7S III firmware to 2.00 and adds S-Cinetone (via )
- Nikon releases firmware 1.10 for Z6 II and Z7 II cameras (via )
- Nikon to release firmware version 1.10 for Z 7II and Z 6II… (via )
- Olympus updates OM-D M-M5 III firmware to 1.4 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to 10.5.1 (via )
- Nikon updates D5, D850 and D500 firmware (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for G9 and G100 (via )
- Canon updates firmware for EOS R6, R, Ra, Rp and 1D X Mark III (via )
- Olympus updates OM-D E-M1X firmware to version 2.0 (via )