Underwater Imaging Speakers at PHIDEX 2021
Join Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon, Howard and Michelle Hall, Terry Gosliner, Beth Watson, Tobias Friedrich, Ram Yoro, Andrew Marriot, Henley Spiers, Mike Bartick, Alex Santos, and Bo Mancao at the Philippines International Dive Exhibition (PHIDEX). It is being held virtually over the next 3 days but registration is required. Look forward to seeing you there!
Ikelite Ships TTL Converter for Olympus and Panasonic
Inon Announces Fiber Optic Cable Kits
SAGA Ships New Adaptors
SAGA Dive is shipping an adaptor that allows the use of the Nauticam WACP-1 with Hugyfot housings with the Nikon 28-70mm lens, and the Nauticam WWL-1B with Seacam housing. The latter is specific to the Housing for the GH5 and the Olympus 14-24mm lens
Wetpixel Live: Creativity Training for Underwater Image-Makers
Like most people on the planet, Alex and Adam have been unable to capture images during the COVID-19 pandemic. In this episode, they discuss some things that underwater image makers can do to expand their creative repertoires and to generate ideas for fresh imagery once they can dive again.
Wetpixel Live: Sony a7S III Preview
The Sony a7S III has been designed as a camera that maximizes low light opportunities. Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon chats to Natalie Gibb of Under the Jungle, who is using the camera and a Nauticam WACP-1 lens to capture amazing still and video imagery in the beautiful Mexican cenotes. Natalie has kindly agreed to provide comprehensive reviews of the system’s performance in the future.
Go Ask Erin Backscatter Removal Tutorial
Erin Quigley and the Go Ask Erin team are offering a free online tutorial entitled “Goo Gone – How to Eliminate Backscatter and Other Unsightly Messes in Post.” She will cover the tools in both Lightroom and Photoshop. The event will be on 19 March, at two different times to allow for time zone differences; those times being 11://00 AM PDT and 5://00 PM PDT.
Job Opportunity: Underwater Photographer at Calypso Productions
- Adobe updates Photoshop to v. 21.2.2 and Camera Raw to 12.4 (via )
- Adobe updates all versions of Lightroom (via )
- Olympus updates firmware for E-M1X, E-M1 Mark III, E-M1 Mark II,… (via )
- Caonon updates EOS C500 Mark II firmware to 22.214.171.124 (via )
- Canon updates EOS R firmware to version 1.70 (via )
- Blackmagic updates DaVinci Resolve to 16.3 and RAW 2.00 Beta 2 (via )
- Atomos updates Ninja-V to AtomosOS V10.52 (via )
- Panasonic updates S1H firmware to version 2.1 (via )
- Atomos updates Ninja V firmware to 10.51 (via )
- Canon updates EOS RP to v1.5.0 and Canon EOS R to v1.7.0 (via )