Review: Retra Supercharger
Retra kindly supplied Wetpixel with a prototype of their new Supercharger battery compartment that can be attached to their Prime and Pro Flashes to increase their recycling speeds and longevity. We have been hard at work testing it and present the results as a short review.
Paper documents blennies adaption to terrestrial environments
A paper published in the Functional Ecology journal has documented how blennies have adapted to both marine and terrestrial environments. Initially, the fish have a broad diet and a tolerance of different marine environments. This allows them to “invade” land and adapt to the changed circumstances. However, the adaption to this terrestrial habitat forces them to become more specialized.
Adobe adds Local Hue and Saturation controls
Today, Adobe has released significant updates to its Creative Cloud apps. Lightroom Classic 9.3, Lightroom 3.3, and Adobe Camera Raw version 12.3 all add new functionality and features. This includes the addition of local selective color and saturation adjustment. These allow for easier removal of color casts, which are often a feature of underwater images, due to the color of the water we actually shoot through. \
Ikelite ships housing for Fujifilm XT-4
New Guide: Olympus TG6 Manual and Practical Guide by Alexey Zaytsev
Photographer and author Alexey Zaytsev has published an in-depth guide to using the Olympus TG6 underwater. In it, he discusses the settings that work best, camera accessories that are useful, and “secret” recipes the cater to a wide variety of underwater situations and subject types.
Nauticam announces housing for Canon 1DX Mark III
Nauticam has announced their housing for the Canon 1DX Mark III SLR camera. It offers HDMI 2.0 compatibility via an M28 bulkhead and uses the N120 port system. Strobe triggering is via optional manual or TTL flash triggers via fiber optic or with the supplied Nikonos 5 pin bulkheads and internal electrical board.
Nauticam ships NA-A2020
Full Results: UN World Oceans Day Photo Contest 2020
The results of the Seventh Annual United Nations World Oceans Day Photo Competition have been announced. The judges were tasked with selecting 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place images from hundreds of entries in 10 categories. The winner of the 2020 theme (Innovation for a Sustainable Ocean) was selected by the organizers.
- Apple updates Compressor to 4.4.6 and Motion to 5.4.5 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro to 10.4.8 (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.4.7, Motion to 5.4.4 and… (via )
- Sony updates a9 firmware to v.6 (via )
- Panasonic updates S1/S1R firmware to version 1.1 (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for LUMIX GH5, GH5S, G9, G90/G91/G95,… (via )
- Olympus updates firmware for the E-M1X, adding features from the… (via )
- Skylum updates Luminar to version 3.1.1 (via )
- Blackmagic Design releases Resolve 16 Beta 3 (via )
- Sony updates firmware for: a9, a7R III, a7 III, a7R II, a7S II,… (via )