Second Edition of Reef Fish Behavior announced
Call for entries: Beneath the Sea 2020
Inon details compatibility with Olympus TG-6
Nikon adds macro lenses to Z series road map
Nikon has released a new roadmap of the development of Z mount lenses. Of particular note is the addition of both 60 mm and 105 mm micro (macro) lenses. The road map shows 105 mm as being an S-line lens, although the speculation is that these will both be f/2.8 lenses. They will provide alternatives to the current 60 and 105 mm lenses with the FTZ combination, which seems to give sub-par AF performance.
Nikon announces the Z50 mirrorless camera
Sony announces a9 Mark II
Sony has announced the next version of its pro a9 mirrorless camera. The Alpha 9 II has the same 24.2 MP sensor as its predecessor but its AF has 693 focal-plane phase-detection AF and 425 contrast AF points. It also has any updates Bionz X image processor and 5 axis image stabilization.
UW Technics ships TTL strobe trigger for Sony A6000 series cameras
GoPro announces HERO8 Black and MAXA
GoPro has announced their HERO8 Black and MAX cameras, along with a range of accessories. The former offers 4K60 and 1080p240 video, along with RAW still image capture and video stabilization. MAX can record 1440p60 and 1080p60 HERO video along with 5.6K30 360 video. The HERO8 is waterproof to 10 meters, while MAX is waterproof to 5m.
- Sony updates A9 firmware to 3.01 (via )
- Skylum updates Luminar to version 1.3.0 (via )
- Canon updates firmware for EOS 6D Mark II to version 1.04 (via )
- Nikon updates firmware for Df, D810, D610 and Coolpix cameras (via )
- Nikon updates firmware for D850, D750, D500, D7500, D7200,… (via )
- Canon releases service advisory for EOS 70D (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for GH5, GH5s and G9 cameras (via )
- Nikon releases firmware version 1.30 for D5 camera (via )
- Plastic bag found at the bottom of the Mariana trench (via )
- A closer look at the taxidermy anteater photo (via )