UW Technics releases TTL firmware for Subtronic strobes
UW Technics has announced new firmware that offers support for TTL profiles with Subtronic strobes. The TTL converters equipped with this firmware are available for many housings and is compatible with both current and legacy Subtronic strobes, along with other strobe brands. The TTL circuits offer flash exposure compensation via the cameras’ controls as well as rear curtain sync with Canon cameras.
UW Technics releases new firmware with TTL-profiles for SUBTRONIC strobes support
UW Technics releases new TTL-Converters firmware update for SUBTRONIC strobes support. The product is purposed for usage with UW Technics TTL-Converters (for Canon), versions for Nauticam, Sea&Sea, Nexus, Aquatica, Sealux, Seacam, Ikelite, Meikon underwater housings. Firmware was created in cooperation and with the support of SUBTRONIC GmbH company, Germany.
- UW Technics TTL-Converter’s firmware update was developed for last generation SUBTRONIC Pro-270 and Pro-160 strobes support.
- Product is compatible with previous generations SUBTRONIC strobes as well.
- Fantastic TTL accuracy allows the photographer to relax and totally rely on automatic strobe exposure control
- Each specific SUBTRONIC strobe type can be set via the TTL-Converter onboard rotary switch by the user.
- TTL/M modes can be easily switched underwater by camera menu or by the strobe knob
- In M mode manual setting of strobe intensity can be set by the strobe knob, but also by the camera wheel and scale 1/64 ….1/1
- (+/-)Ev TTL Exposure Compensation is supported by firmware, full range is available by camera controls
- Firmware supports 1-st/2-nd curtain synchronization settings
- Continuous (serial) shooting is supported
- Incredibly long battery life in TTL-Converter: 5 years of continuous work. The product has extremely low current consumption.
- Firmware has automatic ON/OFF switch module, which saves energy. No mechanical switch is needed for power ON/OFF for UW Technics TTL-Converters
- All versions UW Technics TTL-Converters also contain TTL-profiles for other strobes: INON Z330/ Z240, SEA&SEA YS-D2/ YS-D1/ YS-250, and IKELITE DS-161/ DS-160. Each profile can be easily set via an onboard switch by the user.
- Information about the TTL Converter’s settings and camera menu settings are saved in TTL-Converter non-volatile memory, even after powering down and will be loaded to camera each next time
- Full compatibility with all CANON cameras, independently of the model and TTL-protocol version.
UW Technics can be contacted via email or via Facebook. Full specifications and detail of all products are available on the UW Technics website.