UW Technics ships TTL board for Panasonic GH5
UW Technics are shipping a new TTL conversion board for the Panasonic GH5/GH5s housed in Nauticam housings. It offers both optical and electrical strobe triggering and supports most popular strobes. The board allows for camera control of manual strobe output and can be user installed.
The UW Technics TTL converter board for Panasonic GH5 is shipping now, priced at $380.
UW Technics ships updated TTL converter for PANASONIC GH5 in NAUTICAM NA-GH5 housing
UW Technics releases an updated version Optoelectronic TTL Converter for PANASONIC GH5/GH5s cameras in Nauticam underwater housing
- Device offers TTL and manual exposure control of underwater strobes.
- New board offers easy user installation into underwater housing.
- Product supports most popular underwater strobes: Inon, Ikelite, Sea&Sea, and Subtronic.
- MSRP - $380.
The new product line from UW Technics includes PANASONIC compatible TTL circuitry. The currently updated version is optoelectronic TTL unit for Nauticam GH5 housing.
The combined circuit, consisting of an optical TTL and electrical TTL system is on a single board with both triggering methods available both separately or simultaneously.
Onboard powerful LED TTL system maintains fine accuracy of TTL control via fiber optical cables. Photographer can relax and rely on automatic flash exposure control.
Onboard electric TTL system maintains the same accuracy of TTL control via electric cables. The electronic onboard module supports dual cables (Sea&Sea, Ikelite) as well. UWTechnics optional electric bulkheads are available in 3 variants: Nikonos style, Ikelite style or S6 style. Connecting bulkhead to the onboard socket is easy.
The newest firmware contains an accurate TTL curve for each strobe type: Z330/Z240, D2000, DS-161/160, YS-D1, YS-D2, YS-250, Pro-270. Strobe type can be easily set by onboard 10-position rotary switch.
No onboard battery required
This version of the TTL converter does not need an onboard battery or mechanical On/Off switch. It has microcurrent consumption from camera hotshoe pin, and it switches On/Off automatically by camera command.
Easy User Installation
Installation is straightforward (using three bolts) and takes around 1 minute. A user manual is included with the circuit.
Easy control via camera menu
TTL circuit is fully controllable via camera menu, including switching TTL/M, 1st/2nd Curtain, adjustment, +/- Flash Exposure Compensation, Flash «Off», etc.
TTL-Converter unique feature for M mode: Comfortable manual control for underwater strobe intensity using camera wheel and camera scale 1/64 to 1/1
The TTL circuit firmware has a special module, which allows the photographer to use three variants of M mode, including both the classic method and the advanced method. Advanced control allows the user to adjust underwater strobe light intensity manually via camera scale from 1/64 to 1/1 (Full). In this case, the photographer does not need to operate any dial switches on the strobe body but can keep his/her hands on the housing, switch to M mode and set flash intensity via camera controls allowing for comfortable shooting in M mode.
Specifications of TTL Converter #11076:
- Compatible photo cameras: Panasonic GH5 / GH5s
- Compatible underwater housing: Nauticam NA-GH5
- Compatible strobes: Inon Z-330, Z-240, D-2000; Sea&Sea YS-250, YS-D1, YS-D2; Ikelite DS-161, DS-160; Subtronic Pro-270.
- TTL outputs onboard: 2 optical + 1 electric
- (+/- Ev) “Flash Exposure compensation” adjustment: Yes
- “TTL / M” mode switching: Yes
- Manual Adjustment of strobe intensity (by camera controls in “M” mode): 1/64 to Full
- 1-st / 2-nd curtain mode: Yes
- “Flash Off” mode: Yes
- Continuous (serial) shooting mode: Yes
- Switching power “On/Off”: Automatic by camera command
- Battery: No battery required
- Current consumption (in standby mode): 0.1 mkA
- Compatible Fiber-optic cable type: Nauticam #26616
- Compatible Electric cable: Sea&Sea, Ikelite, Subtronic, Subal
- Compatible Dual Electric cable: Sea&Sea, Ikelite
- Electric Bulkhead type (optional accessory): Nikonos-5, Ikelite, S-6
UW Technics can be contacted via email or via their Facebook Page. Full specifications and detail of all their products are available on the UW Technics website.