UW Technics ships TTL strobe trigger for Sony A6000 series cameras
UW Technics are shipping their TTL strobe trigger and converter for Sony A6000 series cameras in Nauticam housings. It offers fiber optic or electronic triggering and the board can be user installed. It works with Inon, Ikelite, Sea&Sea and Subtronic strobes.
UW Technics ships TTL converter for Sony A6000 ….A6500 cameras for Nauticam housings
This product line from UW Technics company includes SONY compatible TTL circuitry. The new product is internal TTL Converter for Nauticam underwater housings purposed for A6000 …A6500 cameras.
- UW Technics products #11073 offer TTL and Manual exposure control of underwater strobes
- Easy user installation into Nauticam underwater housing
- Products support most popular underwater strobes: Inon, Ikelite, Sea&Sea, Subtronic
- MSRP - $450
The combined circuit, consisting of Optical TTL and Electrical TTL system is on a single board with both triggering methods available both separately or simultaneously.
Easy User Installation
Installation is very easy and takes around 1 minute.
User’s Manual is included with the circuit.
Easy control via the camera menu
TTL circuit is fully controllable via camera menu, including switching TTL / M, 1-st / 2-nd Curtain, Slow sync, +/- Flash Exposure Compensation, Manual Flash Intensity Adjustment in M mode, Flash «Off» etc.
Special feature for M mode:
Flash intensity adjustment in M mode, using camera wheel and camera scale
TTL circuit firmware has a special module, which allows the photographer to use 3 variants of M mode, including classic method and advanced method as well. Advanced control allows adjusting underwater strobe light intensity manually via camera scale (approximately 1/64 ….. 1/1). This case photographer does not need to operate dial switches on the strobe body, he can just keep hands on the housing, switch M mode and set the flash intensity by camera controls.
Tests showed fantastic TTL accuracy in a wide range of camera settings. The newest firmware contains an accurate TTL profile for each strobe type: Inon Z330, Z240, S2000; Ikelite DS161, DS160; Sea&Sea YS-D1, YS-D2, YS-250; Subtronic Pro-270, Pro-160. Strobe type can be easily set by onboard miniature 10-position rotary switch.
No mechanical switch ON / OFF
UW Technics TTL Converters don’t need any On/Off external switch. The device switches On/Off automatically by camera command. This is a very comfortable feature for the user, he need not think about switching the device and need not have any mechanical switch on the housing.
Incredibly long battery life
Battery life is 5 years in continuous working mode. Products have microcurrent consumption from a pair of CR2032 batteries and an automatic On/Off switch. Users need not care about the battery during a dive trip.
Specifications of TTL Converter:
- Compatible photo cameras: Sony A6000 ….A6500
- Compatible underwater housing: Nauticam
- Compatible strobes: Inon Z 330, Z 240, S 2000; Sea&Sea YS-250, YS-D1, Sea&Sea YS-D2 (made-in-China version); Ikelite DS161, DS160; Subtronic Pro 270, Pro 160.
- TTL outputs onboard: 2 optical + 1 electric
- (+/- Ev) “Flash Exposure compensation” adjustment: yes
- “TTL / M” mode switching: yes
- Manual Adjustment of strobe intensity (by camera controls in “M” mode): 1/64…..Full
- 1-st / 2-nd curtain mode: yes
- “Flash Off” mode: yes
- Continuous (serial) shooting mode: yes
- Switching power “On/Off”: automatic by camera command
- Battery: CR2032 (2 pcs.)
- Current consumption (in standby mode): 0.1 mkA
- Compatible Fiber-optic cable type: Nauticam #26216, #26217
- Compatible Electric cable: Sea&Sea, Ikelite
- Compatible Dual Electric cable: Sea&Sea, Ikelite
- Electric Bulkhead type (optional accessory): Nikonos-V, Ikelite, S-6
UW Technics can be contacted via email or via their Facebook Page. Full specifications and detail of all their products are available on the UW Technics website.