UW Technics Sony firmware supports Retra Pro Flash TTL
UW Technics has announced updated firmware for their Nauticam mounted Sony TTL converters, that supports the Retra Pro flash. It can be controlled via either the camera’s menu, or the flash’s controls. It also supports Retra’s high-speed sync option.
The new firmware is available now. Please consult your local dealer or UW Technics
UW Technics releases new firmware with TTL-profile and HSS support for RETRA strobe
UW Technics releases a new TTL-Converter firmware update for Retra Pro strobe support. Firmware was created in cooperation and with the support of Retra company, Slovenia.
Currently available versions for Nauticam underwater housings: TTL-Converter #11075-HSS (for Sony A7-A9) and TTL-Converter #11073-HSS (for Sony A6000-A6600).
Fantastic TTL accuracy allows the photographer to relax and totally rely on automatic strobe exposure control. Many creative tasks become available by using extremely fast HSS shutter speeds up to 1/8000 with Retra Pro strobe in manual mode. TTL-Converter firmware also has some other important updates, which refers to its common functionality.
- Retra Pro profile can be set via the TTL-Converter onboard rotary switch by the user
- TTL/M modes can be easily switched underwater by camera menu or by the strobe knob
- In Manual mode flash intensity can be set manually by the camera wheel/scale, but also by the strobe knob.
- (+/-) TTL Flash Exposure Compensation is supported by firmware, the full range is available by camera controls in the range -3ev….+3ev.
- Firmware supports 1-st /2-nd curtain and rear-curtain synchronization settings.
- Continuous (Serial) shooting is supported.
- HSS firmware of TTL-Converter supports Retra Pro strobe HSS functionality. The onboard rotary switch must be set to the Retra Pro profile (position – «7»). Available HSS shutter speeds for Sony A7-A9: 1/320 ….1/8000 sec. Retra strobe allows HSS flash intensity adjustment by the knob.
- In updated firmware the switching to HSS shutter speeds is also included in common functionality of TTL-Converter (for all other positions of the rotary switch as well), - usable for shooting with ambient light when necessary at High Shutter Speeds. But the limitation of X-Sync speed (1/250 for Sony A7-A9) is still supported for TTL modes automatically, as necessary for mono-flash TTL underwater strobes.
- Incredibly long battery life in TTL-Converter: 1-3 years of continuous work. The product has extremely low current consumption.
- Firmware has an automatic On/Off switch module, which saves battery energy. No mechanical switch is needed for power On/Off for UW Technics TTL-Converters.
- TTL-Converter firmware contains TTL-profiles for the following strobes: Retra Pro, Inon Z-330/ Z-240/S-2000, Sea&Sea YS-D2/ YS-D1/ YS-250, Ikelite DS-161/ DS-160, and Subtronic Pro-270/Pro-160. Each profile can be easily set via an onboard switch by the user.
- Full compatibility with all SONY mirrorless cameras, independently of the model and TTL-protocol version.
UW Technics can be contacted via email or via Facebook. Full specifications and details of the products will be available on the UW Technics website.