DeanB

Antibes 2007...

Hi all,

I was wondering who's going to be attending the Antibes film fest this year and which days you were going and where your staying...

Maybe we could have a wetpixel meet and a few shandy's :D

Dive safe

DeanB

O.k..no one going I take it...

How about if I bought you a beer...Cheapskates.

Dive safe

Dean(billy no mates)B

When is the festival Dean? I'll be over there end of October for work.

Cheers

James

Hi James,

Its on from the 24th to the 28th of October...Had a good laugh when I attended in 2005.

If you can make it I will definately buy you a beer. Should be good to meet up.

Dive Safe

DeanB

Hmm. That's too bad! My meeting is Oct 23rd - 26th in the Netherlands. Perhaps I can pop down for the weekend after!

Cheers

James

Dean,

If I can get my digit extracted I should be able to edit my piece in time for the delivery deadline. I'll keep ya posted.

That's gonna be one sweeeeeeeet tasting beer, coming from the infamous moth catacombs of the Burman divide!

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi Dean,

I will be there during the whole festival - with my family, so I can not drink more than 10 beers a day :D

:):)

cheers,

Jules

Oh yes,

last year I put a wetpixel table on one of the table in the bar, and we had a very good meeting with some wepixelians.

i'll certainly be coming by as it's just down the road from home :D

/paul

I will be there also, but i still need to start making a film :-(

6 more weeks before the deadline and to much work

The filming under water is fun, but the edeting pfff

I really hope to be able to make it, but my diary is chocka at that time. Hoping that a window opens up and I'll be able to pop down for a night or two. I'll be very sad if I am not able to make it.

Alex

Uh Oh... :wacko:

Theres a stampede now i've mentioned free beers :ninja::P

No worries, I'm loaded and it will be great to put faces to names.

Cheers all

Mark (camdiver) Thorpe

Uh Oh... :ninja:

Theres a stampede now i've mentioned free beers :ninja::P

Cheers all

Mark (camdiver) Thorpe

Free beers??

Ok I'm coming as well.... :wacko:

Steve

I'm willing to buy a round on Wetpixel. But here's the deal: you guys have to take a GROUP PHOTO and write up a few words, so we can post it on the front page here. If Alex Mustard goes, have him pay, and I'll pay him back. :)

Julie and I may come also, but we'll know for sure closer to the date. What is normally the language of the festival? My french is very rusty.

Cor

Well,

do not afraid: you can survive without French. Mainly everybody speaks English, and not just in the festival, in the city as well.

There was some presentation where was no translation, however, we will watch the pictures anyhow :)

I've been practising my french on Jean from Aquatica - apparently I am beyond rusty.

A free beer on wetpixel :) Yee haa...

It will be great to see everyone and have a chin wag.

French :( I have trouble with my English, but I seem to get better after ten pints...Just a slurish version.

Maybe we can all crash at the same hotel and take it over and through a rock n roll trashing party...

Sorry I'm getting carried away again...

Dive safe

Dean(God gave rock n roll to you)B B)

Uh Oh... :(

Theres a stampede now i've mentioned free beers :):(

Cheers all

Mark (camdiver) Thorpe

Ya cheeky bleeder! hahaha, just seen this one.

Yeah, I'll buy a round if you promise not to get all emotional after your first sherbert? I still remember that poor dog in Yap! :lol::(

Mark.

I'm jealous. I went to Antibes last year and it was great. Unfortunately have to head to another part of the world at that time.

Michele

O.K guys,

If anyone is definately going to Antibes have you any idea's where your staying or hoping to stay...I'm looking at a hotel within staggering distance of the fest but near the bars...I can't for the life of me remember where I stayed in 2005 (Alex's fault...He has a drink problem, shhh !!) :( but that was quite nice...apparently.

Any idea's...

Dive safe

DeanB

I used to stay at the Mexicana, but that was when the show was in the main conference center in town. Now that its moved to the marine park I'm not so sure of the geography etc.

No ideas really, in fact this post doesn't help at all, I'm useless, oh god make it stooooooop!! Too much stress.

har har,

Mark.

I'm jealous. I went to Antibes last year and had a great time. Especially meeting new people and seeing a beautiful part of France. Michele Westmorland

O.K guys,

If anyone is definately going to Antibes have you any idea's where your staying or hoping to stay...I'm looking at a hotel within staggering distance of the fest but near the bars...I can't for the life of me remember where I stayed in 2005 (Alex's fault...He has a drink problem, shhh !!) :rolleyes: but that was quite nice...apparently.

Any idea's...

Dive safe

DeanB

thing is this year the festival is at the marineland park in antibes, for better for worse.

the park is not in antibes town so staggering to and from bars festival and hotels will involve not insignificant walking once the drinking has begun.

probably the closest little town to the park is Biot where the trainstation is a 2mn walk from the park.

if not, i'd estimate a good 20 to 30mn walk from the park to old city of antibes where the festival used to be held.

obviously walking speeds depend on many factors one of which is the quantity of beer intake....

there might be more info on the marineland website

/paul

20 - 30 min Walk.... ;)

Taxis are the gifts from god to us drinkers... :rolleyes::P

Cheers for that Paul

Dive safe

DeanB

OK,

First hurdle accomplished. I just got email confirmation that my entry for this year 'The Majesty of Muck' has just arrived safely in Antibes, way to go FedEx. Now I guess its just a wait to see if it gets through pre-judging. The film is pretty much a montage of short stories with narrative about the really weird life forms found around Lembeh's black sand slopes. Most scenes are the result of shooting with stacked achromatic diopters to give you an idea of the size of critters we're talking about. There are also some interludes of corals and colour just to balance things up. Run time is about 14 minutes.

I'm so far aware of only this and one other video entry by Dean(the drinker)B. Anyone else out there sending stuff in? Any other people / contributors from the site planning on going? I may not be able to attend due to other arrangements but I'm trying desperately to have that time free to be there. Be good to think we can get a Wetpixel rabble together.......

Cheers,

Mark.

Sponsors

Advertisements