ulcs

Inon strobe owners with Ultralight's Inon adapter

It has come to our attention that some of the Inon adapters that we manufacturer have too long a tightening bolt. This may be due to slight differences in sizes of the spacer provided. If it is too long, it will touch the housing.

Please check your Ultralight Inon strobe adapter to make sure that the tightening bolt does not tighten all the way to the body of the housing. If it does, you will need to put a 1/4'†stainless washer between the head of the bolt and the plastic spacer. If you do not have one of these washers, please drop us an e-mail or a phone call and we will send you out a stainless washer to put between the head of the bolt and the plastic spacer.

If your tightening bolt has lost it’s plastic t-knob, and you are using an allen wrench to tighten the bolt, do not over tighten the bolt. You can check this by watching to see if the bolt touches the strobe housing, if it does you will need to add a stainless washer.

Ultralight Control Systems

ulcs@ulcs.com

(805)484-3334

This is what happens if a tightening bolt is too long:

broken_inon.jpg

This is a picture of my broken Inon D2000. The base where the arm adapter is attached just broke during a dive.

You can also see how I solved the problem: 2 hose clamps, a piece of alloy and some sticky foam to prevent slipping :)

The adpater pictured here is not what I was referring to in the first post.

If this adapter was used it is not an AD-IN. I will post the AD-IN picture

later tonite

terry

The adpater pictured here is not what I was referring to in the first post.

If this adapter was used it is not an AD-IN. I will post the AD-IN picture

later tonite

terry

I guess the result will be pretty much the same with any adapter with a too long tightening bolt. Just wanted to create some awareness on too long bolts used with an Inon strobe.

Thanks for the awareness. I am not sure the two adapters would do the same thing; but here is the picture of

our AD-IN I was referring to.

Thanks,

Terry

post-1621-1192080255_thumb.jpg

Sponsors

Advertisements