Drew

Give your feedback on buyers/sellers

Also, thanks to GUDGE, from whom I bought a small but important ULCS mount for my SB-105.

Item arrived within a few days. Amazing, considering it came from the middle of no-where.(Well, Exmouth in Aus, that is !! )

Purchased a dslr set up from Marjo. delivery was fast to the UK. Payment was made through PP. The rig was not for myself but a relative who is off to Cocos for christmas.

Cheers Marjo

Five stars to Elmer Yu ("EYU"). A pleasure to deal with. Bought a Lowepro Roller 3; paid for it on Thursday and had it on Friday.

Bob

Purchased a Canon 17 40mm lens from WP member delwagne great price, great communication and delivered from the US to the UK in a couple of days.

All the best Dennis

Stew

Bought a DS-51 strobe, ev control, tray, and arms from tonyinasia. Paid via paypal, was shipped the next day and received 3 days later. Everything looks brand new even though some was used.

I bought an Inon macro lens from WP member NCmermaid and everything worked out great! :)

I bought a strobe from DIRDavid or bax737 (Its the same person)

I did not receive all the accessories I was supposed to. Still unresolved and communication now lacking.

I would not deal with this person again.

Regret having to make this post

Mary

I have to unfortunately echo Mary's post. Purchased 2 DS-51 strobes from "DIRdavid" who later made it obvious he was also "bax737". Claims they were shipped, but have not received them to this day (well over a month now from the alleged shipping date).

Communication was lacking from the beginning -- didn't even get the claim he'd shipped them until after opening Paypal Dispute. During dispute never got the requested postal receipt scanned and emailed to me. Dispute escalated to claim and was ruled in my favor, but money somehow "can't be recovered from his account". Usually this only happens because people delete all their funding information to prevent it. (I'm now beginning to understand a prior rant I read by someone else about Paypal :blink: )

Off to call my credit card holder and try for a chargeback. But in short, David Baxter is not someone I would choose to do business with again, even if the strobes or my money do magically 'appear' someday.

(EDIT: And I feel bad that the last 2 postings on this thread are negative, although both involve the same seller. I am compelled to state I have bought other items as a result of WP postings from other sellers over the years that went very smoothly, just unfortunately didn't post in this thread to thank them as I probably should've!)

Edited by rtrski

I have just made a transaction with JD @ jd@durgon.com. He purchased strobes that I had for sale at a fair price, and sent me the funds immediately. We had a very open line of communication, and I would not hesitate to buy/sell items to him in the future. I hope he finds the strobes satisfactory, and as advertised.

Thanks JD,

Dennis Wagner

I have just made a transaction with JD @ jd@durgon.com. He purchased strobes that I had for sale at a fair price, and sent me the funds immediately. We had a very open line of communication, and I would not hesitate to buy/sell items to him in the future. I hope he finds the strobes satisfactory, and as advertised.

Thanks JD,

Dennis Wagner

I bought the cords from the same ad. Dennis sent them quickly! Great condition. Great communication. A highly recommended seller!!!

Thank you!!!

Tom ;)

Kudos to Don in Colorado as well !!!! Terrific to deal with, great communication, straight forward, great experience!!

If Don wouldn't mind sharing a little of the spot light, I'd also like to expand my thanks and gratitude to members

proveg

rcalvin

blibecap

tcalver

Pgunderson

All smooth transactions and fantastic to work with. Everyone was non-nonsense, easy to deal with and communication was terrific.

High recommendations and regards to all of them!

I was feeling seller's remorse over my 20D housing, when along came cemkur offering a used Ikelite 20D housing and a few other items for a very good price. A few days later, I have a housing again, which I will use this weekend on the Cape to photograph my two-month-old on his first swim. Very pleased.

I bought a dome port and strobe arms from ornateghostpipefish for a very good price.

Very quick email responses; package was posted within an hour after payment. Materials received in excellent condition.

I would like to also compliment another First Class Seller A+++++, Eyematey/Steve

I bought a new Patima G9 Housing from him. Though he is not the direct dealer, the housing is REALLY NEW. Some people might use the gear for some time before selling off their item as "new", but Steve is really a highly reliable seller.

Very prompt reply through email.

Highly responsible: He mentioned that he will be away for a short trip so you wont be waiting and wondered why there is no news.

Item is very well packed and brand new. MINT Condition.

He also has his Ebay account under the name "Slafter" - 100% Positive Feedback. Highly Recommended Seller!!

I had a good transaction with Dennis (delwagne). The strobes were as described, promptly shipped and nicely packaged. Thanks Dennis.

Gene.sorkin is a first class buyer for my Ikelight EV controller.

Big kudos to JackConnick. Just completed a great trade with him of my D300 setup for some new Sea and Sea strobes. Everything worked out great, and was shipped on time. Communication was excellent. Would definitely do business with him again.

Ditto here Sterling. Camera and lenses were very clean and as advertised, reasonably priced. Would buy from him again, no issues.

Jack

I should have written this long ago (apologies Marcelo) but I would like to acknowledge Marcelo Mariozi's first class service in connection with the Sigma 10-20mm zoom lens and gear I bought from him earlier this year. He has continued to provide very helpful information and tips after we closed the deal. You couldn't ask for a more honest and helpful seller.

Just received a packet with Ikelite housing, ports and Nikon D70 camera from Romeo.

Nice communication with him to discuss the shipment from Italy.

All gear is in excellent shape - thanks for this easy transaction.

Joern

I bought an Ike DS-125 from blibecap.

The transaction went flawlessly.

The product was in excellent condition and worked well as described and arrived within 3 days.

I would recommend using this seller in the future.

Bought a housing from Proteus - and everything was perfect :)

Fast sending, good packing, very nice contact - thanks and gladly again!

Sponsors

Advertisements