Sign in to follow this  
asher

Which camera/housing?

I can't imagine that this doesn't get asked twice a week, but I couldn't find it in any of the old threads. I'm looking to get started with digital video, and I'm trying to decide which camera and housing to get. Any input? What do other folks use? I'm trying to keep the total budget below $1500 or so if I can - no sense dropping too many $$$ on my first camera.

Thanks for any help!

Just for fun, have a browse around Ebay to see what's available in the used market. Go there and do a search for "underwater housing" or "underwater video" and you should turn up a lot of items.

I'll leave the recommendations to others - as I'm not a "video guy."

Cheers

James

Asher

I have a complete Amphibico Dive Buddy Housing with video lights and two cameras that I

was about to put up for sale. It would be at your pricepoint and is essentially a turn-key operation. Contact me if interested.

Michael

After some research, I'm now thinking about getting a Sony DCR-TRV38 and a Top Dawg II housing. Anybody have either of these and have any insights into them?

I have an older light & motion video housing that is very similar to the top dawg II housing. If your sony camera has a LANC outlet (usually a blue plug in area) the record on/off controls should work just fine. It is in near perfect conditon and you can view it by going to the classefieds section on the wetpixel website and it is in the video housing section. Make me an offer! Feel free to email me if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks, Kyleb

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements