Sign in to follow this  
Turbohampster

Koh Phi Phi (My first set of underwater images)

Hi everyone

So heres some pics from 3 days of diving in Koh Phi Phi near Phuket in Thailand.

Im an experienced photographer but have just recently got into diving and logged a massive total of 20 dives :mocking: and Im really enjoying the challenge of learning to take pics underwater.

I would therefor very gratefully appreciate any comments or critique on my pics as there are some very talented photographers on here and would love to learn from you guys!

Equipment used:

Canon 1D-X

8-15mm F4 Fisheye

100mm F2.8 Macro

Nauticam NA-1DX Housing & 8" Dome port

Sea & Sea YS-D1's

Thanks for looking!

Skunk Clown Fish

14225534543_70e17e533e_c.jpgSkunk Clown Fish by ollytindall, on Flickr

14205271724_7fe31ab187_c.jpgSkunk Clown Fish by ollytindall, on Flickr

14225533453_edd559312e_c.jpgTurtle by ollytindall, on Flickr

14202901232_5f9d51c821_c.jpgMoray Eel by ollytindall, on Flickr

14205273344_8442dccbee_c.jpgFalse Clown Fish by ollytindall, on Flickr

Welcome to Wetpixel Oliver,

These really represent an amazing start, I really like the first image. Be sure to share these on the Wetpixel flickr group. The only advise I might offer is to think about getting a touch closer when using the 8-15mm. Its a common issue for new UW photographers. Getting close with the WA will markedly improve the sharpness and color. You clearly have it figured out with the 100mm. Congrats!

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for the very kind words!

I will definitely take your advice onboard and try it out next time, Im finding out very fast just how important it is to get close!

Seeing as I have such good equipment mainly as I already owned most of it for topside stuff, I'm glad that I haven't embarrassed myself to much and have hopefully done it some justice haha

Edited by Turbohampster

Great shots. Loving the first though the most.

Very nice. I especially like the dramatic lighting on the first photo.

Very nice set.

I always found it interesting to see the first UW shots of an experienced photographer since I started photographing UW without prior "dry" experience.

Personally I lean to the moray eel. I like such compositions as object pops from the pic which adds 3rd dimention.

Enjoy

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements