DiverPam

New Website to share and feedback sought

Hey guys, I finally did it. I have a website of my photography up and running. I have been using flickr for a number of years and have finally migrated over to one of my own. This is fun and exciting, but an all new arena for me.

I would love to get your feedback on it. I have started with four galleries and my plan is to add destination specific galleries in the future. I am wondering whether or not to add additional information to each photo about where and what....but not sure about this. Like I said, I would like to hear what you think and see if you have any suggestions.

http://www.pmurph.com

Happy diving - DIver Pam

Edited by DiverPam

Hi Pam,

Brilliant! It looks great. It's amazing how many really good images you've been able to capture in a short time.

Congrats,

Steve

Thanks Steve for the feedback. It really means a lot coming from you.

Edited by DiverPam

Looks very nice.

I see you use Joomla, try turning on cache. This should give a nice performance boots. (http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/joomla/joomla-speed.htm#cache)

I would recommend to set the cache time very large(1440+ minutes) because site change hardly.

It was only a small sample, but none of the images have any embedded meta data?

Why is this important? It can be used by others to help find you when your images walk from your site.

Thanks for for suggestions on Joomla and the meta data. A friend of mine who does websites for a living did this for me. But they do not know photography well. I will definitely mwntion both of these things to him. And see about fixinh the meta data issue.

This is exactly why I asked for feedback. This is all new to me

Thanks guys. Pam

Steve....I want to say thank you for all your support along the way. You were the first person to give me feedback in 2009 when I joined wetpixel and have been so helpful since. Thanks. Pam

It was only a small sample, but none of the images have any embedded meta data?

Why is this important? It can be used by others to help find you when your images walk from your site.

Simon, Can you tell me how to see embedded metadata in a photo online? How do you check for that? I am working on loading up a new set with this in it. I thought I had this turned on to be included, but apparently it was not.

Thanks - Pam

Nice site. I really like the easy navigation, and the images to click on to go to the various galleries as you scroll down the home page. Your black and white images of the rays are very nice...

Looks very nice Pam, easy to navigate and clean. I like your color palette for the design too. Love the Cayman Island black & whites BTW.

Simon, Can you tell me how to see embedded metadata in a photo online? How do you check for that? I am working on loading up a new set with this in it. I thought I had this turned on to be included, but apparently it was not.

Thanks - Pam

Sure. I use this site to view what meta data an image file carries:-

http://regex.info/exif.cgi

Its a great tool. Your site may decide to strip meta data - heaven only knows why sites do this for any legitimate reason - but it can happen.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and comments. All helpful to me.

Pam

Sponsors

Advertisements