You could. Color grading is another monster that you can create all kind of filter, mask, gradient etc to change the mood of the scene. That's why many of us don't do it because it really take a toll on the work flow. Like Dustin said, finding music itself is a chore. 3 Weeks after my trip, I'm still selecting clips and trying to decide which one I want to attempt to post stabilize. I would say play around with your GH4 footage and from that point you would get better understanding of the color/quality in the GH4 (Panasonic in general) and find a happy medium to shoot/color correct. We all can't wait for Canon to pull their act together so this is how I chose to move on.

I think my local Mediterranean water doesn't help either. Never get blue clear water like that :-)

I'm off to play in FCPX....

Anyway back on topic. Still utterly impressed with it...I'm back in Truk in November. Fingers crossed I've got it all dialled in by then!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could. Color grading is another monster that you can create all kind of filter, mask, gradient etc to change the mood of the scene. That's why many of us don't do it because it really take a toll on the work flow. Like Dustin said, finding music itself is a chore. 3 Weeks after my trip, I'm still selecting clips and trying to decide which one I want to attempt to post stabilize. I would say play around with your GH4 footage and from that point you would get better understanding of the color/quality in the GH4 (Panasonic in general) and find a happy medium to shoot/color correct. We all can't wait for Canon to pull their act together so this is how I chose to move on.

Canon rumors just posted, that canon isn't putting 4k into the 5d4.....while still just a rumor, it is very frustrating. More about them protecting their cinema line.

If 5DM4 has 4K, it will kill their XC10 since XC 10 price around 5dM3 or 5dM4, but 5dM4 has full frame sensor, interchangeable lens, takes photo.

Just read this: http://www.eoshd.com/2015/04/canon-5d-mark-iv-will-be-1080p-with-canon-log/

• Like 1

If 5DM4 has 4K, it will kill their XC10 since XC 10 price around 5dM3 or 5dM4, but 5dM4 has full frame sensor, interchangeable lens, takes photo.

Just read this: http://www.eoshd.com/2015/04/canon-5d-mark-iv-will-be-1080p-with-canon-log/

Is anyone going to buy the XC10? I can't figure this camera out to be honest. Why wouldn't someone just buy the GH4 or the A7s...Cheaper and better options.

I suspect Canon would try to market the XC10 to film students or videographers on a budget. GH4 and A7s require commitment of buying lens, and could be a confusing route for people who starting out videography and don't know much knowledge about dSLR.

I have a friend who's in film school now, and he has no idea about using what lens on what body, let alone speedbooster. All he learn is broadcast equipment that the school has, and of course he can't afford a C300. I think Canon is smartly trying to grow their Cinema EOS line users by offering a prosumer camcorder or dumbly try out the market just like their EOS-M line to see what's the response. There is also these discussion about the XC10 is targeted for journalists who's on the field and do not want to spend time to change lens or carry all the lens, hence the long zoom on the XC10. Many news/journalist are putting content online now so they don't need the kind of quality that could be projected on a 60 foot tall movie theater, so 1" sensor is good enough?

Again, these are just speculated conclusion that people drawn, no one from Canon really want to explain their strategy.

Very enjoyable to watch Dustin! Nice!

I envy your smooth shoot. It just like you use 3-axis stabilized gimbal underwater! :notworthy:

I have the wrong camera, I can't see the GH4 rendering this sort of color at all.

Agree, especially the blue, its just lovely. I've been tinkering with my GH4 clips at Premiere Pro and none giving me such blue. Perhaps my technique but I'm dying to have such blue like yours.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Very enjoyable to watch Dustin! Nice!

I envy your smooth shoot. It just like you use 3-axis stabilized gimbal underwater! :notworthy:

Agree, especially the blue, its just lovely. I've been tinkering with my GH4 clips at Premiere Pro and none giving me such blue. Perhaps my technique but I'm dying to have such blue like yours.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much!

Sponsors

Advertisements