MJvC

Sony A 7 Sii with Nikonos 15mm for 4K

Has anyone tried the Sony A7Sii in the Nauticam housing with the Nikonos 15mm lens. This lens was legendary back in the days of film for its edge to edge sharpness and lack of distortion. I was wondering what this setup might be like as a compact rig for freediving and recording 4K with. The new Sony's ability to now record internal 4K makes this rig small enough with the 15mm lens on it to be able to freedive all day with.

It should work on quite nicely. I used the Nikonos 15mm on an A7 and you're right; it's small and sharp.

The new WWL-1 along with the 28mm f/2 lens may be a contender, but it is a bit larger and heavier. But fast with very good corners.

My A7 review, photos and a video are here.

Jack

It's excellent, Mark. If you have an old Nikonos 15 lying around, as I do, then it's worth getting the adapter. However, the A7SII drinks batteries like alcoholic in an open bar! The WB does have a bit of issue with deeper depths though and MWB though.

Our service staff made these. TSA loves them. I haven't heard real world reports, but bench tests indicate at least 3 hrs run time while recording video.

RPV_2345.jpeg?raw=1
RPV_2342.jpeg?raw=1
  • Like 3

Our service staff made these. TSA loves them. I haven't heard real world reports, but bench tests indicate at least 3 hrs run time while recording video.

RPV_2345.jpeg?raw=1
RPV_2342.jpeg?raw=1

Wow, amazing! But then you can almost hear the snap of the TSA rubber glove......

RPV_2345.jpeg?raw=1
RPV_2342.jpeg?raw=1

Is this available to buy? Price? What kind of batteries are those (LiIon rechargeable? What charger?

Thanks!

Best Regards?

Email n2theblue at reefphoto.com for purchase details. It is an off the shelf USB battery pack "rehoused", with a compatible micro hdmi cable soldered on. I don't think they are quite done, last I heard they were looking at different shrink wrap solutions to make this less conspicuous.

Thanks for this. Why does it plug into the hdmi port. I guess this then excludes the possibility of using the atomos Showgun.

Definitely looks like something that would excite TSA agents

That is not HDMI, it is USB.

Sponsors

Advertisements