gdfallon

Whale Sharks Isla Mujeres

The week of August 4 - 10, 2019 I had a marvelous experience with Adam Hanlon and four other divers photographing whale sharks in Isla Mujeres. This was a single species trip and, by local regulations and traditions, it was snorkel only. The water is warm so only a dive skin was needed. See photos attached.

WhaleSharkAug19-1.jpg

WhaleSharkAug19-5.jpg

WhaleSharkAug19-6.jpg

WhaleSharkAug19-10.jpg

WhaleSharkAug19-9.jpg

WhaleSharkAug19-13.jpg

WhaleSharkAug19-20.jpg

I have heard great things about Isla Mujeres. Where did you stay and how expensive was this trip?

The trips costs about $2,800 which includes the boat and hotel. The hotel provides a continental breakfast and the boat has sandwiches for lunch. For dinner we went out as a group to a different restaurant each night and got separate checks. We met each morning in the breakfast room so we could depart early and have the whale sharks to ourselves for 1 - 1.5 hours before the other boats arrived and then we stayed later, till about 1 or 2 PM. The tour leader, Adam Hanlon, rented two golf carts, which is how one gets around on Isla Mujeres, and that’s how we got to the boat in the morning and dinner at night.

It was a bucket list trip for me too and I had a great time.

• Like 1

Sponsors

Advertisements