Sign in to follow this  
onokai

Slow loading Threads

Whats with the very slow loading of threads. I have a brand new G5 mac on highspeed and some threads take so long I could build a web site before they load.?? Anyone having this also?? Mark

Yup. me2 on a 1500kbps, fast PC and Opera.

The "search for new posts" page takes forever to load for me, but the threads load quick enough for me.

The slow threads wouldnt happen to be the two I posted in the critter id page would it? For some reason I felt like posting with 200KB pictures today.

The interesting thing is that the adds are allways the first thing to load. Got to have your prioritys.....

The interesting thing is that the adds are allways the first thing to load. Got to have your prioritys.....
My priority is to keep Wetpixel running, and that means bringing enough income to handle the server, time, and misc other expenses. And believe me, not much is coming in. The ads loading first are not intentional. The code is in following order: header, content, side bar. The way they load is NOT up to me, without extreme complication of the code.

Speed is fine here for me, even with long-latency connection here in Grenada. Where are you guys located?

Also, please use the feedback forum for feedback.

Only happens occassionally and is normally fixed by a page refresh for me.

Didn't mean to hassle you Eric.

The ones that take forever are usually the threads with multiple pages as well as best of wet ones. I'm in Arcata about 6 hours north of Oakland. I'll leave some feedback as well. Mark

They seem to load ok for me, on a 128k cable connection. But maybe with the slow connection they just load as slow as everything else and I don't notice the difference.

Luiz

I had that problem initially and posted about it. But I identified the problem as being IE and now use Firefox for this site.

I fixed it buy shifting to Safari broser on my mac.. Seems internet explorer on my mac does not like wetpixel. Explorer must be more film friendly. Mark

I fixed it buy shifting to Safari broser on my mac.. Seems internet explorer on my mac does not like wetpixel. Explorer must be more film friendly. Mark

Hey, Mark. You are indeed right about IE Mac and Wetpixel not working together (there are probably 100 messages about this in the archive).

The two products are similar, really -- neither have been supported for years. :)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements