Happy New Year 2014
We hope that wherever you are and whatever you are doing, you are not like this “grumpy” stonefish (Synanceia verrucosa) and are enjoying the last day of 2013 or the first day of 2014. May your celebrations be joyous and we fervently hope that 2014 brings you safe diving and and amazing photographic opportunities.
Gates announces DEEP DRAGON
Gates Underwater Products has announced the release of their housing for the RED EPIC DRAGON digital cinema camera. The Gates DEEP DRAGON features a housing for the RED PRO external monitor and uses the REDMOTE remote control to give access to all camera controls. In addition, it can be supplied with integrated tripod legs, an extended monitor shade and a light bar to attach light arms.
Upgrade guide: Final Cut Pro 10.1
As announced and discussed on the Wetpixel forums, Apple released a long-awaited update to Final Cut Pro X (FCPX) just before Christmas. Version 10.1 is a free update for those that have already purchased the App, and is available via the App Store or via the Apple FCP support pages.
Guam’s Hidden Treasures book available
UW robot cameras disguised as sea creatures
Wildlife filmmaker John Downer has a new wildlife documentary series titled Dolphins: Spy in the Pod. The series not only promises never before filmed behavior, but also employs underwater robotic cameras disguised as sea creatures.
Happy holidays 2013
Wishing the Wetpixel community very happy, restful and enjoyable holidays. 2013 has been an amazing year for me and I feel incredibly fortunate to have met, dived and taken pictures with many of you. Our annual “Favorite Image of the Year” thread is in full swing on the forums right now, and represents an amazing gathering of talent and opportunity. If you haven’t added your own images yet, I would urge you to do so soon.
Nauticam housing for BM Pocket Cinema Camera
Nauticam has released further details of their housing for the Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera. The camera offers 1080p recording in a CinemaDNG RAW format with 13 stops of exposure range. The NA-BMPCC housing has handles with a 15° tilt, and controls easily accessible from them. In addition, new port is available offering manual focus on the 7-14mm and 12-35mm lenses, and an optional additional battery pack can also be supplied.
One year anniversary of California Marine Parks
- The top 5 new features in the Lightroom 5 beta (via )
- Review: GoPro HERO3 black on HD Magazine (via )
- Puerto Rico protects leatherback turtle nesting sites (via BBC)
- Maryland set to ban shark fin trade (via )
- Lion Air flight misses runway in Denpasar, Bali - no life… (via )
- Australia takes Japan to international court over whaling (via BBC)
- Philippines charges Chinese fishermen over reef crash (via BBC)
- Another photo of a two headed shark surfaces (via )
- Nikon hack removes video time limit from D3100, D3200, D5100 and… (via )
- Alex Mustard to speak at 2020Vision Theatre Show, Derby, UK on… (via )