Video: Wild Oceans from the Phi Phi Islands
The latest edition of Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans channel was shot in the Phi Phi Islands Marine Reserve in the Andaman Sea, Thailand. It features footage of a pair of mating leopard sharks and a cuttlefish laying her eggs. There’s also a rare glimpse of a tiger-tail seahorse and some bizarre pufferfish behaviour.
Fantasea announces housing for Sony RX100 IV
Fantasea has announced a housing for the Sony RX100 IV compact camera. It features access to all camera controls and is shipping with a leak detector installed as standard.
Fantasea ships new video lights
Fantasea has announced two new 2500 lumen video lights. The Radiant Pro 2500 has adjustable outputs in wide, spot, red, UV, blue and flashing modes and burns for about 50 minutes at full power. The Radiant 2500 has 3 step power adjustment and a flashing mode with the same burn time.
2015 Monterey Shootout winners announced
Ask the Pros: Housing Maintenance
Call for registration: BIUPC 2015
The British & Irish Underwater Photography Championship is calling for entrants for the 2015 contest. It requires all contestants to submit images taken on 5 September anywhere within UK and Irish waters. Registration can be completed online, with a deadline for doing so of 28 August.
Nauticam announces EOS 5D housing
Nauticam has announced their new housing for the Canon EOS 5DS and 5DS R cameras. The new housing features a redesigned control layout with angled buttons and the video/still selector moved onto the top. A new multi controller now provides access to the camera’s joystick control. Internally, it has a front vacuum reset button and a redesigned cam lever on the camera saddle. The NA-5DSR housing is compatible with EOS 5DIII, 5DS and 5DS R cameras. The company also states that their previous NA-5DIII housing will also accommodate all three.
Call for entries: Ocean Art 2015
The 2015 Ocean Art Contest is calling for entries. It features 15 categories including has 15 categories, including a Novice DSLR category, 3 compact camera categories and 3 mirrorless camera categories, More specifically, it has Supermacro, Cold/Temperate Water and Nudibranchs and a Pool/Conceptual category. The deadline for entries is 24 November.
- The Japan Times questions the legitimacy of the Taji dolphin… (via )
- The February 2014 issue of DIVE magazine is available to download (via )
- Great Barrier Reef sediment dump approved (via )
- Olympus releases firmware version 2.0 for OM-D E-M5 (via )
- NRDC goes to court over Navy sonar testing (via )
- NG photo of walrus underwater (via )
- U.S. ambassador decries Taiji dolphin hunt (via )
- 8 pilot whales die after swimming into shallow Fla waters (via )
- US Ambassador “deeply concerned” about dolphin killings at… (via )
- Adobe leaks Lightroom mobile App (via )