UW Technics launches TTL circuits for Sony mirrorless cameras
UW Technics has launched two new boards for Sony mirrorless cameras in Nauticam housings. One is compatible with the A7 and A9 series, the other with the A6000 and A6500. Both are user-installable and enable manual and TTL shooting via optical or electrical outputs with most Inon, Sea&Sea, Ikelite, and Subtronic strobes.
The UW Technics boards are shipping now, priced at $450.
UW Technics ships TTL converters for Sony cameras for Nauticam NA-A7…A9 housings.
This new product line from UW Technics company includes SONY compatible TTL circuitry. There are 2 versions of internal TTL converters for underwater housings purposed for A7 and A9 family cameras. The next line, for A6000 and A6500 cameras, is on the way now.
- UW Technics products #11075 / #11071 offer TTL and Manual exposure control of underwater strobes
- Easy user installation into Nauticam underwater housing
- Products support most popular underwater strobes: Inon, Ikelite, Sea&Sea, Subtronic
- MSRP - $450
The combined circuit, consisting of Optical TTL and Electrical TTL system is on a single board with both triggering methods available both separately or simultaneously.
Easy User Installation
Installation is very easy and takes around 1 minute. A user’s Manual is included with the circuit.
Easy control via the camera menu
TTL circuit is fully controllable via camera menu, including switching TTL / M, 1-st / 2-nd Curtain, Slow sync, +/- Flash Exposure Compensation, Flash Intensity Adjustment in M mode, Flash «Off» etc.
Special feature for M mode: Flash intensity adjustment in M mode, using camera wheel and camera scale
TTL circuit firmware has a special module which allows the photographer to use 3 variants of M mode, including both classic method and advanced methods. Advanced control allows the user to adjust underwater strobe light intensity manually via camera scale (approximately 1/64 to 1/1). In this case, the photographer does not need to operate the dial switches on the strobe body, and can just keep their hands on the housing, switch M mode and set the flash intensity via the camera controls.
Tests showed fantastic TTL accuracy in a wide range of camera settings. The newest firmware contains an accurate TTL profile for each strobe type: Inon Z330, Z240, S2000; Ikelite DS161, DS160; Sea&Sea YS-D1, YS-D2, YS-250; Subtronic Pro-270, Pro-160. Strobe type can be easily set by onboard miniaturу 10-position rotary switch.
No mechanical switch ON / OFF
UW Technics TTL Converters don’t need any On/Off external switch. The device switches On/Off automatically by camera command. This is a very comfortable feature for the user, as there is no need to think about switching the device and a mechanical switch on the housing is not required.
Incredibly long battery life
Battery life is 5 years in continuous working mode. Products have micro current consumption from a pair of CR2032 batteries and automatic On/Off switch. User need not be concerned about the battery life of the device during a dive trip.
Specifications of TTL Converter:
- Compatible photo cameras: product #11071 - Sony A7 / A7R
product #11075 - Sony A7 II / A7R II / A7S II / A7 R III / A7 III / A7 IV / A9
- Compatible underwater housing: Nauticam
- Compatible strobes: Inon Z 330, Z 240, S 2000;
Sea&Sea YS-250, YS-D1,YS-D2;
Ikelite DS161, DS160;
Subtronic Pro 270, Pro 160.
- TTL outputs onboard: 2 optical + 1 electric
- (+/- Ev) “Flash Exposure compensation” adjustment: yes
- “TTL / M” mode switching: yes
- Manual Adjustment of strobe intensity (by camera controls in “M” mode): approximately 1/64…..Full
- 1-st / 2-nd curtain mode: yes
- “Flash Off” mode: yes
- Continuous (serial) shooting mode: yes
- Switching power “On/Off”: automatic by camera command
- Battery: CR2032 (2 pcs.)
- Current consumption (in standby mode): 0.1 mkA
- Compatible Fiber-optic cable type: Nauticam #26216, #26217
- Compatible Electric cable: Sea&Sea, Ikelite
- Compatible Dual Electric cable: Sea&Sea, Ikelite
- Electric Bulkhead type (optional accessory): Nikonos-V, Ikelite, S-6
UW Technics can be contacted via email or via their Facebook Page. Full specifications and detail of all their products are available on the UW Technics website.