UW Technics has announced that their TTL converter for Sony a7 cameras in Sea&Sea housings is now shipping. It offers manual and TTL support for most Inon, Ikelite, Sea&Sea, and Subtronic strobes via either fiber optic or electrical connection. The TTL board can be installed by the user.
The new TTL converter is shipping now, priced at $450.
UW Technics ships TTL converter for Sony A7 II ….A7 IV for newest Sea&Sea underwater housings
This product line from UW Technics company includes SONY compatible TTL circuitry. The new product is an internal TTL Converter for Sea&Sea underwater housings, purposed for mirrorless full frame SONY cameras.
UW Technics #11049 TTL Converter is compatible with Sea&Sea MDX-A7II, MDX-A7III, and MDXL-A7IV housings. Currently, the product is available in stock.
- UW Technics products #11049 offer TTL and Manual exposure control of underwater strobes
- Easy user installation into Sea&Sea underwater housing
- Products support most popular underwater strobes: Inon, Ikelite, Sea&Sea, Subtronic
- MSRP - $450
The combined circuit, consisting of Optical TTL and Electric TTL system, is on a single board with both triggering methods available both separately or simultaneously. Photographers can use fiber optical cable or Nikonos sync cord for underwater strobes, depending on preferences. Dual cables are supported, as well.
Tests showed fantastic TTL accuracy in a wide range of camera settings. The newest firmware contains an accurate TTL profile for each strobe type: Inon Z330 / Z240 / S2000; Ikelite DS161 / DS160; Sea&Sea YS-D1 / YS-D2 / YS-250; Subtronic Pro-270 / Pro-160. Strobe type can be easily set by onboard miniature 10-position rotary switch.
Easy User Installation
Installation is very easy and takes around 1 minute. User Manual is included with the circuit.
No mechanical switch ON / OFF
UW Technics TTL Converters don’t need any On/Off external switch. Device switches On/Off automatically via camera command. This is a very comfortable feature for the user; he need not think about switching the device and need not have any mechanical switch on the housing.
Incredibly long battery life
Battery life – 2 years in continuous working mode. Products have microcurrent consumption from a pair of CR2032 batteries and automatic On/Off switch. Users need not care about the battery during the dive trip.
Hot Shoe safety parking
TTL Converter includes a special holder for Hot Shoe plug, which can be instantly installed inside the housing. This saves as protection and a comfortable park position for Sony multi-interface hot shoe plug, especially useful when housing is in transportation.
Easy control via the camera menu
TTL circuit is fully controllable via camera menu, including switching: TTL / M, 1-st/2-nd Curtain, Slow sync, +/- Flash Exposure Compensation, Manual Flash Intensity Adjustment in M mode, Flash Off, etc.
Special additional feature for M mode:
Manual Flash intensity 1/64 …1/1 adjustment, using camera wheel and scale
TTL circuit firmware has a special module, which allows the photographer to use three variants of M mode, including both classic and advanced methods. Advanced control allows adjustment of underwater strobe light intensity manually via camera scale (approximately 1/64 ….. 1/1). In this case, photographers do not need to operate dial switches on the strobe body; they can keep hands on the housing, switch into M mode, and set the flash intensity by camera controls.
Specifications of TTL Converter:
- Compatible photo cameras: Sony
- Compatible underwater housings: Sea&Sea MDXL-A7IV, MDX-A7III, MDX-A7II
- Compatible strobes: Inon Z-330, Z-240, S-2000; Sea&Sea YS-250, YS-D1, Sea&Sea YS-D2 (made-in-China); Ikelite DS-161, DS-160; Subtronic Pro-270, Pro-160.
- TTL outputs onboard: 2 optical + 1 electric
- (+/- Ev) “Flash Exposure compensation” adjustment: Yes
- “TTL/M” mode switching: Yes
- Manual Adjustment of strobe intensity (by camera controls in “M” mode): 1/64…..Full
- 1-st / 2-nd curtain mode: Yes
- Slow sync mode: Yes
- Continuous (serial) shooting mode: Yes
- Switching power “On/Off”: Automatic by camera command
- Battery: CR2032 (2 pcs.)
- Battery life: 2 years
- Compatible Fiber-optic cable: HowShot 613L, Nauticam #26216/#26217
- Compatible Electric cable: Sea&Sea Nikonos sync cord
- Compatible Dual Electric cable: Sea&Sea Nikonos dual sync cord
UW Technics can be contacted via email or via their Facebook Page. Full specifications and detail of all their products are available on the UW Technics website.