Call for Entries: Sea of Japan Photo Contest
Wetpixel’s friends at Inon have let us know that the Japanese Government Tourism Bureau is hosting the Sea of Japan underwater photo contest. Open to images that could only have been shot in Japan; “from photos of species endemic to Japan to the unique views and one-of-a-kind colors that can be found in Japanese waters!” The contest is open now, and the deadline for entries is 15 November.
Wetpixel Live: Filters for UW Image Makers
UW Technics offers TTL Boards with HSS Support
Pavel Kolpakov of UW Technics offers an explanation of how High-Speed Sync (HSS) works and details the TTL housing boards that have been developed by UW Technics. He mentions that HSS may be useful for shooting near the surface, under bright sunlight, creative photography with different depth of field, and fast-moving objects. It may also be helpful with cameras that offer relatively slow sync speeds.
Nauticam ships housing for Sony a7s III
Isotta ships housing for RX100 VI and VII
Isotta are shipping their signature red colored aluminum housing for the Sony RX100 Marks VI and VII. It ships with a square port that allows for the full zoom of the camera’s lens. There is also an optional M67 threaded port or the existing M67 port can be used, albeit this will limit the camera’s zoom range. The housing is rated to 100m (330ft)
Wetpixel Live: Strobe Flood Advice
RED KOMODO is Available
The RED KOMODO 6K Super35 Digital Cinema Camera is now shipping and available to order. It offers a maximum of 40 fps at 6K and has an RF lens mount. The serial production model is in black, in comparison to the many color and white KOMODOs that have already been released. These are beta and special pre-release versions.
Nikon announces Z 6II and Z 7II Mirrorless Cameras
- Canon updates EOS R firmware to version 1.70 (via )
- Blackmagic updates DaVinci Resolve to 16.3 and RAW 2.00 Beta 2 (via )
- Atomos updates Ninja-V to AtomosOS V10.52 (via )
- Panasonic updates S1H firmware to version 2.1 (via )
- Atomos updates Ninja V firmware to 10.51 (via )
- Canon updates EOS RP to v1.5.0 and Canon EOS R to v1.7.0 (via )
- Nikon updates Z6 and Z7 firmware to 3.0 (via )
- BlackMagic Design releases DaVinci Resolve version 16.2.4 (via )
- Blackmagic Design updates DaVinci Resolve to 16.2.3 (via )
- Z Cam E2 firmware updates to 0.95 - adds RAW support (via )