Wetpixel Live: Ken and Kimber Kiefer’s Images - Part one
Wetpixel Live: Amazing Underwater Modeling Techniques
Wetpixel Live: Underwater Modeling Shoots
Adam chats to Ken and Kimber Kiefer about how they go about setting up and planning an underwater modeling shoot on Wetpixel Live. They discuss how they work together as a team, practice in their pool, and then apply the techniques and ideas they develop there to shoot in open water.
Issue 117 of Underwater Photography Magazine Available
Issue 117 of Underwater Photography (UwP) magazine is now available to download. It contains the winning underwater images from WPY 2020 and reviews the Retra Flash Pro, INON UWL-95 C24 & Dome Lens Unit III, INON UFL-G140 SD, and SD Front Mask for HERO5/6/7, E-PL10 Octo Housing, and the Chasing M2 and Qysea v6 ROVs. The technique article is about HMS Victory, and the location is Tamariu.
Wetpixel Live: Apps for Photo Editing
Guide: Diving Lolobau Island and the Fathers Reefs by Don Silcock
Call for Images: Historic Manta ID shots
Wetpixel member and contributor Burt Jones is appealing for “historical” image contributions to the Bird’s Head Seascape Manta ID database. Specifically, they are seeking images of mantas taken in Raja Ampat in 2009 or earlier. The database already has over 1400 identified individuals. While mantas are protected within Indonesia, they are not in all the countries of rhe coral triangle. By showing that they have large migratory patterns, this can be used to motivate governments to institute protections internationally.
Wetpixel Live: Guide to Fotosub Competitions
On Wetpixel Live, Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon and regular contributor Alex Mustard discuss the unique characteristics of Fotosub underwater photography contests. Sometimes known as Splash-Ins or Shootouts, these contests are a big feature of underwater imaging in some parts of the world, yet are often poorly understood and followed in English speaking countries.
- Panasonic updates S1H firmware to version 2.1 (via )
- Atomos updates Ninja V firmware to 10.51 (via )
- Canon updates EOS RP to v1.5.0 and Canon EOS R to v1.7.0 (via )
- Nikon updates Z6 and Z7 firmware to 3.0 (via )
- BlackMagic Design releases DaVinci Resolve version 16.2.4 (via )
- Blackmagic Design updates DaVinci Resolve to 16.2.3 (via )
- Z Cam E2 firmware updates to 0.95 - adds RAW support (via )
- Nikon updates D850 C firmware to 1.11 (via )
- Blackmagic Design releases Resolve version 16.2.1 (via )
- Gentlemen Coders releases RAW Power 3 (via )